Re: Emailing: APRSIS32.xml

  • James Jolin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
      Lynn.
      Put the latitude/longitude in, took the filter, etc out and things are
      looking good. I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the U.S. The
      cursor keys (up and down) take me to the other side of the
      Atlantic....seems to zoom in on Russia at one point. Am I missing
      something else?
      Thanks, by the way, for your help.
      Jim WA9ARB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
        James Jolin wrote:
        > Lynn.
        > Put the latitude/longitude in, took the filter, etc out and things are
        > looking good. I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the U.S. The
        > cursor keys (up and down) take me to the other side of the
        > Atlantic....seems to zoom in on Russia at one point. Am I missing
        > something else?
        > Thanks, by the way, for your help.
        > Jim WA9ARB

        You can drag the maps around the way you'd expect with a mouse. There
        is currently no keyboard way to pan the maps. As you noticed, up and
        down zoom out and in respectively.

        What callsign-ssid are you using now? I just checked aprs.fi and it
        seems that WA9ARB is a UI-View station. You need to use different
        -SSIDs for each client, especially if they're doing different things or
        at different locations. It appears that you've used the same call with
        no -SSID for xastir, APRSIS32, and UI-View. That can cause some
        confusion, especially if you ever run more than one of them at the same
        time.

        I'm only seeing one beacon from APRSIS32 and that was yesterday at 20:18
        UCT. There's still some things not working right. Feel free to send me
        another log file if you'd like to keep trying to get it working.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ