RE: [aprsisce] WX alerts

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
      My port is firenet.us, port 14580. I have lots of packets from the NW but no weather. I must have borked filters or something.

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
        I just found the Enable unchecked. That may have something to do with it! :(

        I now have WX again!

        On another note, K4SX-4 appears lost. And W8FY-10 has extreme wind conditions! Okay, not really.

        ------------------------------------
        Fred Hillhouse Jr
        http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
            aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
          Odd... I'm connected to firenet.us Port 14580 and I'm getting nothing inbound

          btw, Check your -10 for messages. I'm getting acks from you, but want to see if the messaging is too way.

          the only thing I've changed is the APRS-IS port.

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
          From: fmhillhouse@...
          Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
            Hmm, I am now confused. Suddenly three items popped up. TSTMAZ014, TSTMAC017 and TSTMAZ014. They appear to be generated locally.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
              After seeing Lynn's APRS-IS setting, I changed to Firenet.aprs2.net to check that.

              Fred, N7FMH

              From: fmhillhouse@...
              Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                ok, the end result is

                firenet.aprs2.net
                port 14580

                Must be it got changed from .us to .aprs2.net?

                Thanks for the chat Fred :)

                Adam
                KC2ANT

                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                From: fmhillhouse@...
                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                From: fmhillhouse@...
                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                  There is now current WX objects and yet this is what I see. I am confused but I am not thinking clearly right now.

                  *** MY OBJECT! ***
                  BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                  Multi: 197/254 Points 3 Parts

                  Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                  App: APRSIS32
                  FromCtr: 14.8mi E
                  FromME: 7.43mi SE (128º)
                  GridSquare: FN42kk
                  4225.16N 07109.42W
                  2013-01-07 21:37:43 (31m54s)
                  Internal

                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                    I like the chat feature! :)

                    From: fmhillhouse@...
                    Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                    From: fmhillhouse@...
                    Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                      Easier from the keyboard than from the keypad of the D710 let me tell you.

                      Adam
                      KC2ANT

                      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:15:18 -0500

                      I like the chat feature! :)

                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                        You seem to have triggered one of the "Show Offices" options, most likely Show Individual, as they create a Lighthouse object to trigger the shape of a given thing.

                        Or possibly a Control-Z to show MAZ014?  This gave me:

                        *** MY OBJECT! ***
                        BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                        Multi: 197/255 Points 3 Parts

                        Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                        App: APRSIS32
                        FromME: 1131mi NNE (28º)
                        GridSquare: FN42kk
                        4225.16N 07109.42W
                        2013-01-07 22:24:02 (15s)
                        Internal

                        From: fmhillhouse@...
                        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                          I clicked on Show center. I just replicated the action after re-centering somewhere in Florida. It has been awhile since I last looked at the weather offices etc.

                          Thanks Lynn!

                          From: fmhillhouse@...
                          Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                            And, I am now seeing WX on Lake Superior now which is real. Sweet!

                            Thanks!
                            Fred, N7FMH

                            From: fmhillhouse@...
                            Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500