RE: [aprsisce] WX alerts

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
      ok, Very odd..

      2013-01-02 21:45:16 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2UK:@030245z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
      2013-01-07 16:16:32 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2HUNGARY:@072116z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
      2013-01-07 16:17:01 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:>072117zAPRSIS32
      2013-01-07 16:18:33 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:@072118z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!
      2013-01-07 16:19:21 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::KC2ANT   :?aprsp
      2013-01-07 16:19:36 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :ingo{TP}
      2013-01-07 16:19:38 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :info{TQ}
      2013-01-07 16:19:44 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :?aprsp [Duplicate message content]
      2013-01-07 16:20:28 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:@072120z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
      2013-01-07 16:22:27 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@072122z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!

      I started out @ rotate.aprs2.net

      Stitched to Firenet.us

      I wasn't recieving any stations on my display, yes I had view->All checked
      but I could message other stations. the ?aprsp messages did not put anything on the display. Messages got acked

      Have gone back to rotate.aprs2.net and all appears to be working well again.

      Anyone else haveing issues with firenet?

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kc2ant@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:19:26 -0500
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] WX alerts

      I sit corrected, just took longer than expected

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
        My port is firenet.us, port 14580. I have lots of packets from the NW but no weather. I must have borked filters or something.

        Thanks!

        Best regards,
        Fred N7FMH

        ------------------------------------

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
          I just found the Enable unchecked. That may have something to do with it! :(

          I now have WX again!

          On another note, K4SX-4 appears lost. And W8FY-10 has extreme wind conditions! Okay, not really.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
            Odd... I'm connected to firenet.us Port 14580 and I'm getting nothing inbound

            btw, Check your -10 for messages. I'm getting acks from you, but want to see if the messaging is too way.

            the only thing I've changed is the APRS-IS port.

            Adam
            KC2ANT

            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
            From: fmhillhouse@...
            Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
              Hmm, I am now confused. Suddenly three items popped up. TSTMAZ014, TSTMAC017 and TSTMAZ014. They appear to be generated locally.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                After seeing Lynn's APRS-IS setting, I changed to Firenet.aprs2.net to check that.

                Fred, N7FMH

                From: fmhillhouse@...
                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                  ok, the end result is

                  firenet.aprs2.net
                  port 14580

                  Must be it got changed from .us to .aprs2.net?

                  Thanks for the chat Fred :)

                  Adam
                  KC2ANT

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                    There is now current WX objects and yet this is what I see. I am confused but I am not thinking clearly right now.

                    *** MY OBJECT! ***
                    BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                    Multi: 197/254 Points 3 Parts

                    Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                    App: APRSIS32
                    FromCtr: 14.8mi E
                    FromME: 7.43mi SE (128º)
                    GridSquare: FN42kk
                    4225.16N 07109.42W
                    2013-01-07 21:37:43 (31m54s)
                    Internal

                    From: fmhillhouse@...
                    Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                      I like the chat feature! :)

                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                        Easier from the keyboard than from the keypad of the D710 let me tell you.

                        Adam
                        KC2ANT

                        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                        From: fmhillhouse@...
                        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:15:18 -0500

                        I like the chat feature! :)

                        From: fmhillhouse@...
                        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                        From: fmhillhouse@...
                        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                          You seem to have triggered one of the "Show Offices" options, most likely Show Individual, as they create a Lighthouse object to trigger the shape of a given thing.

                          Or possibly a Control-Z to show MAZ014?  This gave me:

                          *** MY OBJECT! ***
                          BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                          Multi: 197/255 Points 3 Parts

                          Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                          App: APRSIS32
                          FromME: 1131mi NNE (28º)
                          GridSquare: FN42kk
                          4225.16N 07109.42W
                          2013-01-07 22:24:02 (15s)
                          Internal

                          From: fmhillhouse@...
                          Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                            I clicked on Show center. I just replicated the action after re-centering somewhere in Florida. It has been awhile since I last looked at the weather offices etc.

                            Thanks Lynn!

                            From: fmhillhouse@...
                            Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                              And, I am now seeing WX on Lake Superior now which is real. Sweet!

                              Thanks!
                              Fred, N7FMH

                              From: fmhillhouse@...
                              Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500