WX alerts

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
      Has anyone seen WX alerts recently?
      I just noticed I haven't seen any for awhile.

      I did check my SHP file repository and updated it where possible. And my
      filters are looking correct.

      I think the last time I saw them was before the Firenet move.

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      ------------------------------------
      Fred Hillhouse Jr
      http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH
      ------------------------------------
    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
        Haven't seen any, but haven't had WX where I'd expect to either

        Adam
        KC2ANT
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
          I've got some on my full feed right now.  Looks like the NW is active and some in the northern middle are futures (dashed outline, not filled).  My feed is firenet.aprs2.net port 2023 (a full feed port, use with caution).

          On 1/7/2013 3:49 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
          Has anyone seen WX alerts recently?
          I just noticed I haven't seen any for awhile.

          I did check my SHP file repository and updated it where possible. And my
          filters are looking correct.

          I think the last time I saw them was before the Firenet move.

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          ------------------------------------
          Fred Hillhouse Jr
          http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
              aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Adam Mahnke
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
            Hmmm, i can't seem to connect to firenet.us

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
              I sit corrected, just took longer than expected

              Adam
              KC2ANT

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                ok, Very odd..

                2013-01-02 21:45:16 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2UK:@030245z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
                2013-01-07 16:16:32 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2HUNGARY:@072116z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
                2013-01-07 16:17:01 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:>072117zAPRSIS32
                2013-01-07 16:18:33 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:@072118z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!
                2013-01-07 16:19:21 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::KC2ANT   :?aprsp
                2013-01-07 16:19:36 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :ingo{TP}
                2013-01-07 16:19:38 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :info{TQ}
                2013-01-07 16:19:44 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1::QRU      :?aprsp [Duplicate message content]
                2013-01-07 16:20:28 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,N5JXS-F1:@072120z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!KC2ANT@...
                2013-01-07 16:22:27 EST: KC2ANT-10>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@072122z4226.78N/07628.89W!!INSERVICE!

                I started out @ rotate.aprs2.net

                Stitched to Firenet.us

                I wasn't recieving any stations on my display, yes I had view->All checked
                but I could message other stations. the ?aprsp messages did not put anything on the display. Messages got acked

                Have gone back to rotate.aprs2.net and all appears to be working well again.

                Anyone else haveing issues with firenet?

                Adam
                KC2ANT

                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                From: kc2ant@...
                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:19:26 -0500

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                  My port is firenet.us, port 14580. I have lots of packets from the NW but no weather. I must have borked filters or something.

                  Thanks!

                  Best regards,
                  Fred N7FMH

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                    I just found the Enable unchecked. That may have something to do with it! :(

                    I now have WX again!

                    On another note, K4SX-4 appears lost. And W8FY-10 has extreme wind conditions! Okay, not really.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                      Odd... I'm connected to firenet.us Port 14580 and I'm getting nothing inbound

                      btw, Check your -10 for messages. I'm getting acks from you, but want to see if the messaging is too way.

                      the only thing I've changed is the APRS-IS port.

                      Adam
                      KC2ANT

                      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                        Hmm, I am now confused. Suddenly three items popped up. TSTMAZ014, TSTMAC017 and TSTMAZ014. They appear to be generated locally.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                          After seeing Lynn's APRS-IS setting, I changed to Firenet.aprs2.net to check that.

                          Fred, N7FMH

                          From: fmhillhouse@...
                          Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                            ok, the end result is

                            firenet.aprs2.net
                            port 14580

                            Must be it got changed from .us to .aprs2.net?

                            Thanks for the chat Fred :)

                            Adam
                            KC2ANT

                            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                            From: fmhillhouse@...
                            Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                            From: fmhillhouse@...
                            Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                              There is now current WX objects and yet this is what I see. I am confused but I am not thinking clearly right now.

                              *** MY OBJECT! ***
                              BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                              Multi: 197/254 Points 3 Parts

                              Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                              App: APRSIS32
                              FromCtr: 14.8mi E
                              FromME: 7.43mi SE (128º)
                              GridSquare: FN42kk
                              4225.16N 07109.42W
                              2013-01-07 21:37:43 (31m54s)
                              Internal

                              From: fmhillhouse@...
                              Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                                I like the chat feature! :)

                                From: fmhillhouse@...
                                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                                From: fmhillhouse@...
                                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                                  Easier from the keyboard than from the keypad of the D710 let me tell you.

                                  Adam
                                  KC2ANT

                                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:15:18 -0500

                                  I like the chat feature! :)

                                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:54:09 -0500

                                  From: fmhillhouse@...
                                  Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                                    You seem to have triggered one of the "Show Offices" options, most likely Show Individual, as they create a Lighthouse object to trigger the shape of a given thing.

                                    Or possibly a Control-Z to show MAZ014?  This gave me:

                                    *** MY OBJECT! ***
                                    BOX-MAZ014 Southeast Middlesex
                                    Multi: 197/255 Points 3 Parts

                                    Sym: Lighthouse (\L)
                                    App: APRSIS32
                                    FromME: 1131mi NNE (28º)
                                    GridSquare: FN42kk
                                    4225.16N 07109.42W
                                    2013-01-07 22:24:02 (15s)
                                    Internal

                                    From: fmhillhouse@...
                                    Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                                      I clicked on Show center. I just replicated the action after re-centering somewhere in Florida. It has been awhile since I last looked at the weather offices etc.

                                      Thanks Lynn!

                                      From: fmhillhouse@...
                                      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                                        And, I am now seeing WX on Lake Superior now which is real. Sweet!

                                        Thanks!
                                        Fred, N7FMH

                                        From: fmhillhouse@...
                                        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:41:02 -0500