Re: [aprsisce] Re: DSP SoundDoppler Advice

    Message 1 of 63 , Jan 6, 2013
      On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM, pa3bnx <pa3bnx@...> wrote:

      > Further I discoverd that APSRIS32 does
      > plot the cse/spd/hdg/nrq
      > the heading (hdg) is the heading from the doppler.
      > but the plotting would need
      > heading + cource.

      Yes, we discussed this a couple weeks ago. Lynn plots the BRG (not
      hdg) as true, not relative to the course reported a per the APRS
      specification.

      > So I hope it wil be fixed in future versions of
      > APRSIS32

      Yup, it needs to be corrected. When Lynn added DF plots into
      APRSISCE/32 we didn't do comprehensive checking, and missed checking
      to ensure that CSE and BRG were added together to get the proper
      heading to the signal source.

      > Further I saw thet the N factor NRQ not
      > changes the open angle of the two direction lines
      > according the APRS Specs.
      >
      > Maybe that should also be fixed.

      There's nothing to fix as the N in NRQ has nothing to do with the
      angular spread of the DF sector. As per the APRS101.pdf document, N is
      the number, which indicates how many "hits" are contributing to the
      reported bearing. 0 means the DF report is useless. 9 means the report
      is manually entered. 1 through 8 indicate the relative amount of hits
      from an automated DF device like SoundDoppler. An 8 would indicate
      that 100% of the samples were "hits" in the sector depicted.

      The Q in NRQ sets the angular spread of the DF sector as per the table
      on page 30 of the PDF, where 0 is useless, and 9 indicates less than 1
      degree "spread".

      > Control-P in APRSIS32 is a messagebox where you can
      > copy a text line to parse in APRSIS32
      >
      > Further I saw that even an object is dead reckoning
      > if it's checked.
      >
      > But maybe dead reckoning should only not done
      > if the icon is a DF and the it's an object.
      >
      > So the cars are stil dead reckoning plotted.
      >
      > Maybe I think wrong here ?
      >
      > I don't want DF icons on sceen without a bearing.

      DR will happen on an object with a course and speed until the DR times
      out. While the object is being moved by DR, the object icon stays at
      the reported location, while a projected location shows where the
      object "should be" if moving at the reported course and speed. Once
      the maximum elapsed DR time has expired, the DR icon is dropped. At
      all times, the original icon is at the reported location, and the DF
      sector emanates from that location.

      To have the location of a station in motion moving, and the DF sector
      that was reported moving with the station would be a fallacy. The DF
      report is reporting the bearing from the location that it was reported
      from.

      If the DF report from a station travelling west at 60 mph, points west
      to a signal source 0.5 miles to the west, with DR enabled, after 1
      minute, the station will be 0.5 miles west of the signal source, but
      the DF report from that DRed station will still be pointing west.

    • pa3bnx
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hello EveryBody,

        Today I bought/used an inexpensive Euro 28

        USB soundcard U-Control UCA202 Behringer.com

        Unfortuality it was not sensive enought
        It needs about 1 Volt eff for the line inputs
        so I build on matrix pcb 2 audio pre amplifliers
        with 1 transisto bc547 in each channel.

        Now I had gain enough.
        These circuit uses about 2 mA at 12 volt.

        The fun is that I can have two SoundDoppler.exe running on
        one PC with two scanners and two antenna arrays.

        And this al displayed on MyMapping.exe

        I found out that it is handy to have more colors arrowpoints
        so I can see on the map and stationairy from wich doppler the arrow came.

        So I have now a red, yellow and magenta arrows.
        Red MyOwn, Yellow MyAlias and other Callsigns Magenta.

        I did also work today on my New Arduino Uno board to
        create a SoundDopplerGenerator with softwitching
        and pre and post decay control signals for the
        switcher diodes.

        So the packet.tx file or df-report
        should have maybe also a setting for the destination field
        like APDF01 APDF02

        It can ofcource also have a callsign alias with a ssid

        Don't now yet how to do that in SoundDoppler.exe.