How to filter an object missing a dash between callsign and SSID

  • df8ls
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
      Dear All,
      I need a clever solution on this:

      On my APRSIS32 map I have cleared my area from D-Star stations/objects. (don't take it personally if you're a fan...)

      So, easy to do via -b/ filter B U T
      beside a CALLSIGN-B object the same object shows up as CALLSIGN SPACE B as well. Now, SPACE is illigal as a filter. A N D no
      CALLSIGN* (wildcard) is no option for me beacause I like to keep the analogous CALLSIGN-10 (Igate) station/object from the same source.

      Any smart one on this?

      73
      Helge, DF8LS
    • ae5pl
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
        The buddy filter does not work on object names, only on origin callsigns. You are looking at the wrong filter to remove objects. The object filter o/ is used to parse on object names. javAPRSSrvr 4.0 introduced the os/ filter to allow you to use embedded spaces but neither of those are necessary and here is why: the objects (at least for D-STAR repeater objects generated by DStarMonitor) are orignated by the repeater callsign with an SSID of S. A prefix filter like -p/AANAAA- should prevent all D-PRS IGate and D-STAR repeater objects from D-STAR repeater AANAAA from appearing on your map (could also be -b/AANAAA-* ). The trailing hyphen says "all callsigns that match AANAAA which also have a SSID".

        As clarification, there are D-PRS IGates running on a D-STAR repeater as well as an object generator that generates an APRS object for each repeater. The object is the thing with embedded spaces which is legal in the APRS spec (long history on the APRS SIG about this). The D-PRS IGates also identify themselves with posit beacons as they should every 20 minutes. Note that the IGates use AANAAA-SSID for their station ID where SSID is the repeater ID (normally A, B, or C). The object generator uses AANAAA-S as its station ID (that is the character 'S') and the object names are as they appear on D-STAR (with embedded spaces) and a space in the 9th character position for DV repeaters and a 'D' in the 9th character position for DD repeaters.

        If you want to see the D-PRS IGates but not the repeater objects, use -b/AANAAA-S for your negative filter.

        If -b/AANAAA-S doesn't remove the D-STAR repeater -objects- (don't confuse these with the D-PRS IGate posits), please note what server you are connected to so we can determine what filter software is passing the objects even though the station of origin is "blocked".

        Hope this helps.

        73,

        Pete AE5PL

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "df8ls" wrote:

        > I need a clever solution on this:
        >
        > On my APRSIS32 map I have cleared my area from D-Star stations/objects. (don't take it personally if you're a fan...)
        >
        > So, easy to do via -b/ filter B U T
        > beside a CALLSIGN-B object the same object shows up as CALLSIGN SPACE B as well. Now, SPACE is illigal as a filter. A N D no
        > CALLSIGN* (wildcard) is no option for me beacause I like to keep the analogous CALLSIGN-10 (Igate) station/object from the same source.
        >
        > Any smart one on this?
        >
        > 73
        > Helge, DF8LS

      • df8ls
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
          Hi Pete,

          what better answer would I exspect. Perfect! Thank you very much!

          I came quiet far with the -b because as you mentioned they all originated directly from the stations. But for a sustainable solution your answer is the way to go.

          Thanks again!

          73
          Helge, DF8LS