Re: [aprsisce] IS feed drop outs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
      On 1/5/2013 3:56 PM, Steve Daniels wrote:
      I wonder if it might be useful to have a check for data flow, something like if no packets received on the port between your own beacons trigger a server change.

      The problem with anything based on packet flow is that is dependent on the filter in use.  I really can't tell if you're just in an inactive area or if your connected server is having issues.  The server sends a heart-beat comment line which satisfies the quiet timer.  If all traffic, including the heart-beat, ceases for longer than the quiet time, then the server is disconnected, re-DNS-translated, and re-connected.  You may or may not get the same server if you are using a rotation DNS name.