Re: [aprsisce] Re: Messages to me (Messages?)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2013
      On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga@...> wrote:

      > Does it send these internal messages on every posit? That would seem to
      > cause massive overload of repetitive data. Typically a SPECIAL station is
      > special throughout the entire event or day’s trip…?

      This is interesting... your emergency codes document does not indicate
      that the client application should only alert on the first receipt of
      an APRS status. Does this include alerting on EMERGENCY? If a station
      sets their mic-e status to EMERGENCY, should the receiving station
      alert once, and then ignore all further EMERGENCY alerts from that
      station?

      http://www.aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt

      The description of the various mic-e status settings describes
      special, priority, and emergency as causing specific actions, but not
      how often these should be acted upon.