Connecting Yaesu FTM 350...

  • John Buck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      Advice on how to link up my FTM 350 would be appreciated
      Many thanks,
      John G7RWF
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
        Read http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port-configuration and watch the video.

        Then add a full helping of http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ftm350 and especially notice the warning that:

        The FTM-350 is supported by APRSISCE/32 with a Port Type of FTM350v1.3(RO) provided you have firmware version 1.3 loaded. This creates a receive only port as Yaesu doesn't (yet as of 1.3 firmware) support transmitting from computer control. Yaesu may at some point support a bi-directional packet radio port, but at this time, receive only is supported. You will be able to see the locations of stations being received by the radio, but will not be able to send packets from APRSISCE/32 to RF.

        On 1/3/2013 2:58 PM, John Buck wrote:
        Advice on how to link up my FTM 350 would be appreciated
        Many thanks,
        John G7RWF

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional