Re: [aprsisce] Re: Messages to me but not really?

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 3, 2013
      On 1/2/2013 11:52 PM, kf4lvz wrote:
      >> See also http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt
      > I'm used to Emergency, wasn't used to anything else.

      That's because many other APRS clients have not attempted to implement
      all of Bob's ideas. I'm still working my way there with APRSISCE/32.
      And as a result of the lack of notification implementation, many Mic-E
      operators don't know what they're actually asking for with the "Special"
      and "Priority" status selections.

      >> PS. Click - Escape - Click - Escape and I can clear 1000s of eavesdrops pretty quickly.
      > Is there a way to jump to the middle of a list of messages? For example, if there's a pile of status messages then a message actually addressed to me and then another pile of status messages, how can I jump to the ones for me without a constant barrage of click-escapes?

      Not yet.

      APRSISCE/32 uses a message type priority when delivering messages to
      clicks on the green message pane. Messages directly addressed to you
      will be shown first. Eavesdropped messages are shown last. Within each
      grouping, the order is FIFO (First In First Out) or Oldest first. So,
      when you start seeing messages from a lower priority grouping, you can
      stop clicking unless you're interested in processing that grouping. All
      higher priority groupings have been cleared.

      Here's the message type/grouping priority order:

      MESSAGE_TACTICAL, /* TACTICAL definition messages */
      MESSAGE_ME, /* Messages addressed to me */
      MESSAGE_COMPANION, /* Messages addressed to my companion(s) */
      MESSAGE_MY, /* Messages to my base callsign */
      MESSAGE_NWS, /* Messages from NWS */
      MESSAGE_INTERNAL, /* Version Check messages */
      MESSAGE_RUNNING, /* KJ4ERJ-sourced Running messages */
      MESSAGE_GROUP, /* User-specified message groups */
      MESSAGE_SPECIAL, /* Hard-coded special groups */
      MESSAGE_RF, /* RF-Eavesdropped messages */
      MESSAGE_EAVESDROP, /* Eavesdropped messages */
      MESSAGE_UNSPECIFIED

      Note that the Mic-E messages fall in the INTERNAL category.

    • Kurt Savegnago
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 3, 2013
        Got it.  thanks all.

                         Kurt Savegnago KC9LDH