Re: DSP SoundDoppler Advice

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 63 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hello EveryBody,

      Happy New Year 2013

      Okay I wil check the DF opacity in the XML file too first

      The two bearing lines are light yellow in my screen and I can see them well if I vanish the map with arrow keys.

      Yes with APRSIS I meant ofcource APRSIS32.exe

      The way I did implement status messages
      like between <<>>

      But I see you use !<>! shrieks

      But I think thats not a major obstruction.

      For the Doppler I want to send message
      to set the frequency of the other doppler(s)
      That means APRSIS maybe must get in the future
      a cat control driver for many trancievers ?

      It must be able to set the frequency
      and set the mode to fm I think.

      But this is future thinking.
      If many APRS people are going to hunt with the
      SoundDoppler hardware it would be very nice.

      And I want in every DF report the frequency if possible.
      (That is optional and does not requiere APRS protocoll changes)

      But for now I have to find out how to
      communicate through TCPIP to APRSIS32.exe
      from my SoundDoppler.exe software.

      I have not done this before so I must read in MSDM I think.

      I have been testing with the control-P text input
      It looks all works okay.
      from my packet.txt file.

      Yes also nice if MyMapping could have input from a TCPIP
      port

      I have to find out how to do that.

      Tnx's all fer good advice so far.

      > On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM, pa3bnx <pa3bnx@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The status messages are usefull for other vieuwers
      > > hunters so they know if the other doppler is running.
      > > And know the frequency on witch it is listning
      >
      > Are you creating separate status messages with the associated object
      > name, or are you talking about comments in the DF report?
      >
      > > I can use the frequency status message in MyMapping
      > > to set the frequency of the FT817 connected
      > > So it listens on the frequency I want to monitor.
      >
      > This is an excellent additional application.
      >
      > > But maybe thats not an option we want in APRSIS
      > > Because how many Cat control routines
      > > should be build in APRSIS.
      >
      > What is APRSIS?
      >
      > APRS-IS is the APRS Internet Stream, the backhaul datastream on the internet.
      > APRSISCE/32 is the program that Lynn has written.
      >
      > People like to use the term APRSIS, but it is very ambiguous as there
      > is nothing that uses that name.
      >
      > Lynn has a bi-directional port available in his program that can
      > communicate to attached programs. If you write the SoundDoppler
      > program to send packets to that port, APRSISCE/32 can make use of the
      > information provided, and send that information to RF and the APRS-IS
      > for others to observe. You should also be able to write a program that
      > listens on that port for incoming packets, and use that data for your
      > own uses.
      >
      > Currently your SoundDoppler program sends proprietary information to
      > MyMapping for local display. If you adjust the output of SoundDoppler
      > to use the APRS DF report format and send it via a TCP/IP port, then
      > you can send that data directly to any other APRS application, whether
      > that is on the internet, RF, or an application on the local machine.
      > If you modify MyMapping to accept the APRS DF report format from a
      > TCP/IP port, then you can accept DF reports from the internet, RF, or
      > an application on the local machine.
      >
      > > Okay about opacity adjust of map to see less clear
      > > lines on screen.
      >
      > Which opacity are you talking about? The actual map opacity, or the
      > opacity of the DF sectors? Map opacity can be adjusted using the left
      > and right arrows. DF sector opacity has to be adjusted by editing the
      > XML file.
      >
      > > I made in MyMapping a list of status messages.
      > >
      > > But I Think it's maybe not very intresting for the majority
      > > of APRSIS vieuwers.
      >
      > You won't know unless you let people know about it. The APRS
      > specification is pretty strict, but there's a lot of things that you
      > can do within the specification that were not thought of by Bob, and
      > still be specification compliant.
      >
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • pa3bnx
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hello EveryBody,

        Today I bought/used an inexpensive Euro 28

        USB soundcard U-Control UCA202 Behringer.com

        Unfortuality it was not sensive enought
        It needs about 1 Volt eff for the line inputs
        so I build on matrix pcb 2 audio pre amplifliers
        with 1 transisto bc547 in each channel.

        Now I had gain enough.
        These circuit uses about 2 mA at 12 volt.

        The fun is that I can have two SoundDoppler.exe running on
        one PC with two scanners and two antenna arrays.

        And this al displayed on MyMapping.exe

        I found out that it is handy to have more colors arrowpoints
        so I can see on the map and stationairy from wich doppler the arrow came.

        So I have now a red, yellow and magenta arrows.
        Red MyOwn, Yellow MyAlias and other Callsigns Magenta.

        I did also work today on my New Arduino Uno board to
        create a SoundDopplerGenerator with softwitching
        and pre and post decay control signals for the
        switcher diodes.

        So the packet.tx file or df-report
        should have maybe also a setting for the destination field
        like APDF01 APDF02

        It can ofcource also have a callsign alias with a ssid

        Don't now yet how to do that in SoundDoppler.exe.