Re: DSP SoundDoppler Advice

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 31, 2012
      Hello EveryBody,

      The status messages are usefull for other vieuwers
      hunters so they know if the other doppler is running.
      And know the frequency on witch it is listning

      I can use the frequency status message in MyMapping
      to set the frequency of the FT817 connected
      So it listens on the frequency I want to monitor.

      But maybe thats not an option we want in APRSIS
      Because how many Cat control routines
      should be build in APRSIS.

      Okay about opacity adjust of map to see less clear
      lines on screen.

      I made in MyMapping a list of status messages.

      But I Think it's maybe not very intresting for the majority
      of APRSIS vieuwers.

      > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM, pa3bnx <pa3bnx@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I did not found a way yet to change the color
      > > of the yellow beam width stripes.
      >
      > Are you talking about changing the colour of the DF sector in
      > APRSISCE/32? You do not have control of the colour, only the opacity
      > of the DF sector.
      >
      > > They are hard to see on some maps.
      >
      > Changing opacity may help there.
      >
      > > I saw that there are so called shrieks
      > > !<nonwhitespace>!
      > >
      > > Maybe I could use that format for the
      > > status messages I use now in packet.txt
      >
      > What do you want to be able to do with the status messages?
      >
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • pa3bnx
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hello EveryBody,

        Today I bought/used an inexpensive Euro 28

        USB soundcard U-Control UCA202 Behringer.com

        Unfortuality it was not sensive enought
        It needs about 1 Volt eff for the line inputs
        so I build on matrix pcb 2 audio pre amplifliers
        with 1 transisto bc547 in each channel.

        Now I had gain enough.
        These circuit uses about 2 mA at 12 volt.

        The fun is that I can have two SoundDoppler.exe running on
        one PC with two scanners and two antenna arrays.

        And this al displayed on MyMapping.exe

        I found out that it is handy to have more colors arrowpoints
        so I can see on the map and stationairy from wich doppler the arrow came.

        So I have now a red, yellow and magenta arrows.
        Red MyOwn, Yellow MyAlias and other Callsigns Magenta.

        I did also work today on my New Arduino Uno board to
        create a SoundDopplerGenerator with softwitching
        and pre and post decay control signals for the
        switcher diodes.

        So the packet.tx file or df-report
        should have maybe also a setting for the destination field
        like APDF01 APDF02

        It can ofcource also have a callsign alias with a ssid

        Don't now yet how to do that in SoundDoppler.exe.