Re: DSP SoundDoppler Advice

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hello EveryBody,

      I did post the new SoundDoppler129All.zip

      On our Club site

      http://www.pi4wag.nl/index.php/pseudo-doppler-radio-direction-finder

      With extra option under menu F11 APRS in SoundDoppler.exe

      So the packet.txt is readable
      now with Ctrl-P from APRSIS32.

      Now I need to focus on
      Getting TCP/IP communication with
      APRSIS32

      Have not done this before
      so I hope all there is to be send is the data
      in packet.txt to APRSIS.

      I did not found a way yet to change the color
      of the yellow beam width stripes.

      They are hard to see on some maps.

      I saw that there are so called shrieks
      !<nonwhitespace>!

      Maybe I could use that format for the
      status messages I use now in packet.txt

      I will take a closer look to that issue too.

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "pa3bnx" <pa3bnx@...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      >

      > A routine is maybe called a function or sub
      >
      > It is a piece of software that does a job.
      >
      > Yes it does give the raw value now
      > But the raw value is the averaged value
      > of the doppler.
      >
      > The cse thats the gpscompass value
      > is the averaged gpscompass value
      > From the time the squelch opens until the
      > squelch closed or when the initial
      > squelch open gpscompass is beyond the
      > max cource deviation.
      >

      > Yes the 15 second reset in the average function
      >
      > resets all headings
      > and re inserts just the last averaged raw doppler
      >
      > why is that done.
      >
      > Wel wen I drive maybe there gets another station on air
      > from different location.
      >
      > So all old values are not recalc every time
      > from all the old values
      >
      > Averaging goes as follow
      >

      > Sub Average(degrees,quality)
      > ''Static means it keeps the old values
      >
      > static sCount1
      > static scount2
      > static scount3
      > static scount4
      >
      > static sdegrees1
      > static sdegrees2
      > static sdegrees3
      > static sdegrees4
      >

      > select case degrees
      >
      > case 0 to 90
      > sCount1 = sCount1 + 1
      > sDegrees = sDegrees + degrees
      > case 91 to 180
      > sCount2 = SCount2 + 1
      > sDegrees2 = sDegrees + degrees
      > case 181 to 270
      > sCount3 = sCount3 + 1
      > sDegrees3 = sDegrees3 + degrees
      > case 271 to 360
      > sCount4 = sCount4 + 1
      > sDegrees4 = sDegrees4 + degrees
      > end select
      >
      > Now I have the sum of each kwadrant degrees
      > and the amount of raw directions
      > in 4 kwadrants
      >

      > So it's easy to search in witch 2 adjacent kwadrants
      > the most counts are
      >
      > From those sDegrees and sCounts I calc the average Raw degrees
      >
      > Every time again when a new value comes.
      >

      > Now when the squelch is longer open than 15
      > seconds
      > I reset all SCount and sDegrees values.
      >
      > And put just one in with the last averaged raw value.
      >
      > and continue collecting data.
      >

      > I hope this explains it a bit how the averaging is done.
      >

      > By the way I discoverd that APRSIS32.exe does show
      > icons and labels at lat and lon 00000.00E and 00000.00N
      > (Africa) of APRS frame without latitude and longitude
      > like from telemetry frames and other.
      >
      > Frames without lat and longitude should not be displayed on a
      > map I think.
      >

      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM, pa3bnx <pa3bnx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > But what I do is:
      > > >
      > > > When the squelch opens I read the cource of the GPS and store it.
      > > >
      > > > Then I go collecting and averaging the raw doppler degrees.

> [...]
    • pa3bnx
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hello EveryBody,

        Today I bought/used an inexpensive Euro 28

        USB soundcard U-Control UCA202 Behringer.com

        Unfortuality it was not sensive enought
        It needs about 1 Volt eff for the line inputs
        so I build on matrix pcb 2 audio pre amplifliers
        with 1 transisto bc547 in each channel.

        Now I had gain enough.
        These circuit uses about 2 mA at 12 volt.

        The fun is that I can have two SoundDoppler.exe running on
        one PC with two scanners and two antenna arrays.

        And this al displayed on MyMapping.exe

        I found out that it is handy to have more colors arrowpoints
        so I can see on the map and stationairy from wich doppler the arrow came.

        So I have now a red, yellow and magenta arrows.
        Red MyOwn, Yellow MyAlias and other Callsigns Magenta.

        I did also work today on my New Arduino Uno board to
        create a SoundDopplerGenerator with softwitching
        and pre and post decay control signals for the
        switcher diodes.

        So the packet.tx file or df-report
        should have maybe also a setting for the destination field
        like APDF01 APDF02

        It can ofcource also have a callsign alias with a ssid

        Don't now yet how to do that in SoundDoppler.exe.