Re: [aprsisce] Turn angle.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
      Yes, Forecast Error works now. Check out the Wiki article on the Red
      Dot (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/red-dot) which is the visual indication
      of the Forecast Error. When the floating red dot reaches the scale
      circle (which is scaled by the Forecast Error distance for this
      purpose), a new beacon is sent but only if it has been at least a Min
      Time since the last one.

      The Min Time restricts all forms of beacon trigger because any of them
      can generate a burst of beacons in some situations, particularly when
      the GPS is wandering around. Driving around on a parking lot drives the
      turn angle crazy as well, which is why Min Time slows it down as well.
      At highway speeds and even walking or biking, the Forecast Error
      provides (IMHO) the best indication of the need to beacon. If an
      outside observer was forecasting your current position based on the last
      transmitted heading and speed as extended by the elapsed time, and that
      forecasted position exceeds the Forecast Error from where you actually
      are, a beacon is sent. That's the part that I call "Genius" as opposed
      to "Smart".