DSP SoundDoppler Advice

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 21, 2012
      Hello EveryBody,

      I did do a lot of making SoundDoppler129.exe to have the APRS compliant logging
      in packet.txt with the CSE/SPD/BRG/NRQ format.
      In file Packet.txt now a frame like:

      PA3BNX-2>APDF01:;09:52:05 *210952/5149.01N/00549.90E\233/051/116/857 %DF243°/7 0.50 Sec.
      145750 kHz Gps On /A=000006

      It has an option under menu Edit>PacketLog F11... to switch between UIV or APRS format.
      MyMapping142.exe can also handle this format now.

      I think the packet.txt file should have always if it's set in every frame
      the frequency in a format like 145212.5 kHz.
      So you now exactly on witch frequency the HDG is done.
      And it ofcource always need a time stamp like *ddhhmm\

      It's not an APRS mobile or home station so it must plot only objects

      If there is no GPS rx data then it may not send 000/000/221/847
      Because it's not stationairy and I still need the %DF221/7 to show a Pelorus screen with Doppler.
      so it sends just object timestamp + 'No valid data from Gps now' %DF221/7

      Also this happens when driving to slow to have a good GPS compass
      Then it may also not send 010/001/231/057 %DF221/7
      It says:
      To slow driving %DF221/7
      Now the %DF221/7 gives accurate the doppler heading without fiddling bad gpscompass + doppler heading
      This may never plotted on a map
      There is No CSE/SPD/BRG/NRQ in the frame so it wil never be possible to plot on map something

      But you can see whats wrong and know where the doppler-station is.

      If from NRQ field the N value is 0 means garbage
      But the doppler reading can be quite good.
      If the N value = 9 should never happen because I do all always automaticly
      So all values between 1 and 8 are good headings
      I did make '12.5 Sec' as text in to see how many seconds the squelch is open.
      N 1 to 8 is not accurate enough for squelch open time I think.

      If there is no Heading(GPS+Doppler) there can be a good Direction(Doppler)
      I did make a Pelorus screen in MyMapping program that can show %DF221/7
      If there is no good heading it may not plot on the map.

      It may plot only if the doppler-station is stationairy.
      Then it uses the fixed latitude and longitude. (No GPS needed)

      Thats why I did add a comment like 'GPS On'
      If there is no 'GPS On' then its a stationairy-doppler on a fixed place
      That shows me its a stationairy doppler-station

      So how to connect it now to APRSIS32
      I don't think through a comport or TCPIP connection because that
      needs a extra comport or internet connection witch is not available if maybe mobile
      with a laptop and Gps.exe, SoundDoppler.exe and APRSIS32.exe

      So best ist maybe to let have APRSISCE a file read option for reading and adding the doppler
      report in APRSISCE like I do in MyMapping.exe with a filewatcher ?

      Whoops must the Packet.txt in KISS or TAPR format?
      Or is the above format okay for APRSIS32.exe

      I don't know that yet.

      So hope to hear from you guys and get more advice
      to let APRSIS32 work with high-tech direction finding.
    • pa3bnx
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hello EveryBody,

        Today I bought/used an inexpensive Euro 28

        USB soundcard U-Control UCA202 Behringer.com

        Unfortuality it was not sensive enought
        It needs about 1 Volt eff for the line inputs
        so I build on matrix pcb 2 audio pre amplifliers
        with 1 transisto bc547 in each channel.

        Now I had gain enough.
        These circuit uses about 2 mA at 12 volt.

        The fun is that I can have two SoundDoppler.exe running on
        one PC with two scanners and two antenna arrays.

        And this al displayed on MyMapping.exe

        I found out that it is handy to have more colors arrowpoints
        so I can see on the map and stationairy from wich doppler the arrow came.

        So I have now a red, yellow and magenta arrows.
        Red MyOwn, Yellow MyAlias and other Callsigns Magenta.

        I did also work today on my New Arduino Uno board to
        create a SoundDopplerGenerator with softwitching
        and pre and post decay control signals for the
        switcher diodes.

        So the packet.tx file or df-report
        should have maybe also a setting for the destination field
        like APDF01 APDF02

        It can ofcource also have a callsign alias with a ssid

        Don't now yet how to do that in SoundDoppler.exe.