Thanks Lynn

    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012

      Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

      In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

      I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

      Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

      Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
        You're right, Steve.

        The fleet should arrive on Thursday. "never could get the hang of Thursdays", Arthur said.

        Anyway, I've got my towel handy.

        So long, Lynn, and thanks for all the dev releases... :)

        Randy
        WF5X

        On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

        Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

        In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

        I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

        Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

        Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      • john Beatty
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
          Grab your towel and don't panic!

          Credo Quia Absurdum Est
          Credo Ut Intelligam

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
            I believe I saw a long range forecast for Friday with the days HIGH at 2500 Degrees, or as the Sun in the UK would say..."PHEW WHAT A SCORCHER"  lol

            Thanks Lynn....."Goodbye World"

            73
            Steve,  kf6wax.....already living in hells kitchen, Phoenix, Arizona

            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012

              Being English I have several hot cups of tea at the ready, am trying get things sorted

              Am leaving Fred Hillhouse out of it as he lives too close to Boston .

              Good to see at least 3 others of you know what I am talking about ( Lynn being one hence the post really)

              For the rest of you will explain it on the 22nd

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012

                I was in a buffet restaurant one evening here in Mich. The fellow ahead of me had on a "T" shirt with the inscription "Do you know Zaphod Beeblebrox?" I started laughing, he turned around with a devilish grin. I said "as a matter of fact, i *do*". We had a delightful dinner, he and a table of friends were at the next table. Too obscure, and too much fun.

                I never could stand tea, much to my grandfather's chagrin. His world stopped every afternoon for tea. As ANY civilized man would do. If my memory serves, he called it "a spot of tea".

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012

                  A spot of Tea would be correct, at least for your grandfathers generation. Not a big fan of Tea myself either.

                  Will get a APRSISCE/32 café sorted for these user of APRSISCE/32 posts that are not technical..

                  It’s nice to have a non tech chat with fellow users of APRSISCE/32 without boring the rest of the users

                  And yes I am more guilty than most.

                  If you have not found Dirk Gently look it up

                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                    I ALWAYS know where my towel is.  As a matter of fact, I got a new one for Christmas last year from my daughter because my old one was getting rather ragged.  I carry it in my geocaching belt-purse because you never know what you may need while out on a caching run.

                    Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - aka CodeWrangler

                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012

                      I have a bigger one that includes the family, must admit it’s awkward to use my keys

                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                        I'll bet there are quite a few confusticated looks going on at the moment!
                        And you thought APRS was confusing?

                        Credo Quia Absurdum Est
                        Credo Ut Intelligam

                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                          <steve@...> wrote:

                          > Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
                          > Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

                          Steve,

                          Perhaps you can up your beaconing rate to once every minute for that
                          date. That way those of us over here can get a heads up... If your
                          packets stop, I'll have 7 hours to get my ducks in a row. Lynn will
                          have to be a little quicker being on the east coast.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                            Have a QSO with special event station N0D - http://www.nowzerodays.com/

                            and I believe there's also an HF event that plans to span the full 24
                            hours as the end of the world marches across time zones, but I couldn't
                            quickly find a link to it.

                            PS. We WILL resume normal group operations eventually, but hey,
                            everyone needs to come up for a breath of fresh (or at least different)
                            air every now and then!

                            On 12/19/2012 8:59 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                            > On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Steve Daniels
                            > <steve@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >> Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
                            >> Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.
                            > Steve,
                            >
                            > Perhaps you can up your beaconing rate to once every minute for that
                            > date. That way those of us over here can get a heads up... If your
                            > packets stop, I'll have 7 hours to get my ducks in a row. Lynn will
                            > have to be a little quicker being on the east coast.
                            >
                            > --
                            > James
                            > VE6SRV

                          • LANCE AUE
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                              As the barman in the horse and groom said: " last orders gents!"

                              Lance / KA2EJD
                              [AR]
                            • N5TEV
                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 19, 2012
                                The Zorgon Fleet has been defeated on the far side of Jupiter. They inadvertently left their APRS transmitters on. Everyone reports for work on Monday.

                                > The fleet should arrive on Thursday. "I *never* could *get the hang
                                > of* Thursdays",
                                > Arthur said.
                              • Colin XSD

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012
                                    I think I know what the references are too, but I have no intimate knowledge of the topic.

                                    I'll echo the thanks, even if Lynn did beat me to putting up the link to n0d stuff. :)

                                    Adam
                                    KC2ANT

                                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012
                                      The sashimi was quite delicious!

                                      And a great big T H A N K   Y O U to Lynn.

                                      Best regards,
                                      Fred

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012
                                        Everything's fine until someone starts spouting Vogon poetry!

                                        WF5X
                                      • LANCE AUE
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012
                                          Steve:

                                          As one that does understand the reference, my thoughts are interleaved
                                          below:

                                          <snip>
                                          Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
                                          Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.
                                          In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs.
                                          </snip>

                                          **ALRIGHT! WHO TURNED 'DEEP-THOUGHT' back on?

                                          <snip>
                                          I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was
                                          42
                                          </snip>

                                          ***you mean they are going to replace the universe AGAIN? ISN'T ONE
                                          ENOUGH?!?!?!?

                                          <snip>
                                          Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor
                                          Fleet
                                          </snip>

                                          ***At least I have my towel,.....and Ford's "electronic thumb' all
                                          ready with new batteries,.....and my babel fish too...[hey! stop
                                          squirming and get in my ear!!!]

                                          <snip>
                                          Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish
                                          </snip>

                                          ***Oh! Here come the dolphins!!!.... ;)

                                          Very 73,
                                          Lance / KA2EJD
                                          [AR]
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012
                                            On 12/20/2012 4:54 PM, LANCE AUE wrote:
                                            > ***you mean they are going to replace the universe AGAIN? ISN'T ONE
                                            > ENOUGH?!?!?!?

                                            "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
                                            and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is
                                            another theory which states that this has already happened." - Douglas Adams

                                            > ***Oh! Here come the dolphins!!!.... ;)

                                            Wouldn't that be "there go the dolphins?"

                                            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE/32 for Windows Mobile and Win32
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012

                                              This post was thanking Lynn and others for the work they put in, for free. And those that help others get to grips with APRS, James being an example for his very knowledgable input, of course if I name everyone it’s going to be a long post.

                                              So please all you Beta testers etc consider yourself thanked.

                                              I did not expect as many replies about Vogons etc I even got Vogon Poetry (Thanks Fred, I think?)

                                              The other comments were from Douglas Adams series of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series of books, of which Lynn and myself and apparently a few others are fans

                                              He also started a site way before Wikipedia http://www.h2g2.com/ it has the benefit of being accurate.

                                              I will start a second group as I have meant to for awhile (we did a poll) off topic stuff, general chat between APRSISCE/32 users to be posted there.

                                              I think we can consider this closed now it was fun but off topic, thanks for the replies and please email me direct

                                              And to finish Vogon Poetry supplied by Fred N7FMH

                                              See, see the wonderful sky

                                              Marvel at its big beige depths.

                                              Tell me, Steve do you

                                              Wonder why the vole ignores you?

                                              Why its foobly stare

                                              makes you feel Groggy.

                                              I can tell you, it is

                                              Worried by your gooch facial growth

                                              That looks like

                                              A sour milk.

                                              What's more, it knows

                                              Your moist potting shed

                                              Smells of blade of grass.

                                              Everything under the big wonderful sky

                                              Asks why, why do you even bother?

                                              You only charm dried bloods.

                                              (it’s supposed to be the worst poetry in the universe)

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Dec 20, 2012

                                                Steve Daniels wrote:

                                                (it’s supposed to be the worst poetry in the universe)

                                                It comes close...

                                                Happy Holidays,
                                                Greg  KO6TH

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Dec 21, 2012
                                                  Create your own! ;)

                                                  Leave it up to some British bloke! Must be the tea!

                                                  Merry Christmas to all! And have a marvelous New Year!
                                                  (Yes, I doubt today is the last day)

                                                  Fred, N7FMH

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Dec 21, 2012
                                                    Hi

                                                    thanks to Lynn and the APRSIS team for their superb job I think this soft is the best. I tried other soft which were slowing my old computer or were totally outdated. APRSIS really outperforms the others, it links with almost every TRX and modem I own.
                                                    Keep up the good job.

                                                    73

                                                    Marc F4FDQ