taskbar icon

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

      Not seen this before, I have a yellow and blue colour circle on top of the APRSISCE/32 taskbar icon, does it have any significance?

      Will screenshot it if required

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012
        Sounds like a windows thing.

        Never had that one

        Adam
        KC2ANT

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012
          • 1 Attachment
          • 2 KB

          Hopefully this will get through

          Message 5 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012
            Windows 7 or 8?  You chose to run it as administrator.

            [Attachment(s) from Steve Daniels included below]

              Message 7 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

                OK thanks thought it might be APRSIS telling me something, it’s only just appeared so I need to find what to turn off in windows

                Steve Daniels

                Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

                Torbay Freecycle  Owner

                Screenshot would be useful.  I'm not at all sure what you're seeing, but I don't recall doing anything like that.

                On 12/19/2012 1:03 PM, Steve Daniels wrote:

                Not seen this before, I have a yellow and blue colour circle on top of the APRSISCE/32 taskbar icon, does it have any significance?

                Will screenshot it if required

                Steve Daniels

                Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

                Torbay Freecycle  Owner

                Attachment(s) from Steve Daniels

                1 of 1 Photo(s)

              • Colin XSD

                    APRSISCE/32Beta tester and WIKI editor http://aprsisce.wikidot.com

                    Message 10 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

                      I did some updates, now trying to figure how to disable whatever it is

                        Message 13 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

                          I think it’s UAC or DEP the aprsis instance is under my program files, the other instance is not and does not have the security icon.

                          I turned off firewall and also the file protection once using a program forgot what it’s called

                          Message 14 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012
                            If you have the default directory under Program Files in Vista or Windows 7, then Windows will likely get upset about it, or require you to run it with elevated privileges.  APRSISCE/32 writes the logs and configuration (and tiles by default) to the default directory at runtime.  Newer versions of WIndows don't consider this "proper" behavior and actually redirect those writes to an alternate directory buried deep within your user profile.  The stupid thing is that if the file being written previously existed in the Program Files directory, that'll be the one the program next reads rather than the one that Windows re-directed the writes to.

                            Hence the warning on http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup

                            Note: Windows 7 and Windows Vista users: Do NOT put this directory under "Program Files" or any other Windows-Protected directory or the About-based automatic update will not work properly.

                            Message 15 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

                              "the aprsis instance is under my program files"

                              That explains it! Windows doesn't not have a certificate for it.

                              Message 16 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012
                                Wasn't that section written by Steve himself? ;)

                                Message 17 of 17 , Dec 19, 2012

                                  I realise but I had all that turned off and now it’s back on it seems, seem to recall I ran a program to do it, will figure it out