RE: [aprsisce] Ghost stations

  • mwbesemer@cox.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 17, 2012
      I suspect that a lot of what you're seeing are 'positionless weather stations'.

      These stations transmit weather telemetry on most transmissions, and only transmit position data every "X" transmissions (where "X" is configurable).  On the occassions when only WX data is transmitted, the data cannot be parsed as a position and the stations appears at 0 degrees lat / 0 degrees long.

      If you look at aprs.fi you'll see the same thing.

      73,

      Mike
      WM4B

      On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM, N5TEV wrote:

         Being new to APRSIS32/CE, I first noticed this on the road with the WinMo version when trying to center on an RF station that popped up in the scroller, and now I'm noticing it in the desktop version thru the internet.

      There appears to be a collection of stations displayed in one spot in the Atlantic ocean below the "pan handle" of Africa. Are these misconfigured stations?