SoundCard DSP Doppler

  • pa3bnx
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012
      Hello Everbody,

      I am working already for a long time on a
      DSP Soundcard Doppler

      Take a look at our site
      and software.

      http://www.pi4wag.nl/index.php/pseudo-doppler-radio-direction-finder

      It can do al lot.
      The hard ware is simple.

      It would be nice if aprsisce could read
      agrelo format files
      mixed with $GPRMC strings

      My software can read GPS and output Agrelo
      but do a lot more to.

      I have writen my own MyMapping software
      witch uses UIView format maps.

      But it can do al lot more.

      So happy APRS and DF finding.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012

        Interesting I wonder if that could link into APRSISCE/32 to create RDF plots on the map and send them out over APRS

        I am sure more than a few people would be interested on this group

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012
          +1

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012

            If will do the 70cm band I can see it being useful for UK balloons also.

            Can’t see any tech details on the software, but if APRSIS could feed it NMEA data and display the resultant output or do a deal and include PA3BNX code in APRSIS.

            I can see quite a few people being interested, myself for one.

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012
              Lots of questions about the doppler unit and how it deals with various issues, but it looks interesting.

              It will need lots of ports if you're running APRSISCE/32... It would be good if APRSISCE/32 could share the GPS with the doppler unit, and then grab the doppler output via a TCP/IP ports to reduce the number of wires running into the computer.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012

                Fully agree James, Maybe even a dedicated port for the purpose of linking the two maybe, sharing the GPS NEMA string one way or the other and also the output from the Doppler RDF device.

                There is software that will share a GPS between two pieces of software however, and free for two devices (Franson) But APRSIS is not totally happy with it and shows white  satellites in the display.

                I like running with the minimum amount of software to do the job however

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 17, 2012
                  Franson is a good piece of software for sharing GPS into multiple ports and I have yet to have issues using it accross multiple programs simultaneously,  however....

                  I prefer to run my D710 in native aprs mode with aprsisce/32. This does not currently allow sharing of that GPS data outside aprsisce/32.

                  Adam
                  KC2ANT

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 19, 2012
                    Very cool! Not sure how well the office car will trailer behind my car though. ;)

                    I will look closer in the very near future!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 19, 2012
                      Should have been "office chair". :(

                      Back to the PC after being away for nearly a week!