Re: [aprsisce] Ghost stations (should be vicinity plotted)

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2012
      >>Remember, the stations that show up at 0,0 are ones for which
      >>APRSISCE/32 hasn't heard a position...
      > Would it be possible to keep a separate list of position-less beacons
      > rather than simply plotting them at 0,0?

      The recommendation has always been to display them as ambiguous
      positions in the "vicinity" of the digipeater that first heard them.
      This goal was facilitated back in 2004 when we moved to the New-N
      Paradigm to make sure that all paths were tracable.

      Then instead of seeing a few dozen stations from all over the world
      clustered at 0/0 lat long, you see one-or-two in the vicinity of your
      local or other digi where they actually are.

      Bob, Wb4APR