Re: [aprsisce] APRS iGate on Rasberry

    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 12, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Ed Johnston <kd6mve@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone running an APRS iGate on a Rasberry?

      Yes, there are a number of people doing so.

      Try using Google and the search terms "raspberry pi aprs igate"

      I just got a Pi the other day, and when I get around to it, I'll get
      an i-gate running on it... I won't be doing it with APRSISCE/32
      though, but probably with APRX.

      Attempting to run APRSISCE/32 on the Raspberry Pi using Wine is going
      to be a huge feat. There is at least one person that has successfully
      compiled Wine for the Raspberry Pi, but even getting a program like
      Notepad to run on the Pi under Wine takes quite a bit of work.

      Getting APRSISCE/32 working on a Pi with Wine will consume a great
      deal of time. Are you ready to invest the time necessary to try and
      make it happen?

    • ve7mdt
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 13, 2013
        What do you run on the WRT54G (I assume you are running custom Linux firmware on it, may be OpenWRT?) for ARPS?

        And although OT, I would like to mention that the designer of IRLP, Dave Cameron VE7LTD (a personal friend), has ported his IRLP to Rasberry Pi and has made interface to work with it, and he has just published various info on his site.

        What is relevant is this: he has made use of the GPIO pins on the Rasberry Pi. So if anyone is going to go for it, it'd be nice to know that there are various GPIO pins that you can use to do various I/Os, may be PTT, CAS / COR, or even other telemetry info.