OT: Magic Lamp

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012

      Magic Lamp

      A programmer was walking along the beach when he found a
       lamp. Upon rubbing the lamp, a genie appeared who stated, "I
       am the most powerful genie in the world. I can grant you any
       wish you want, but only one wish."

      The programmer pulled out a map of the Mediterranean area
       and said, "I'd like there to be a just and lasting peace
       among the people in the Middle East."

      The genie responded, "Gee, I don't know. Those people have
       been fighting since the beginning of time. I can do just
       about anything, but this is beyond my limits."

      The programmer then said, "Well, I am a programmer and my
       programs have a lot of users. Please make all the users
       satisfied with my programs, let them ask for sensible
       changes before I start writing the programs and no changes
       after I start."

      Genie: "Uh, let me see that map again."