Is It Working?

  • jon.kreski
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
      I've just installed the AGW Packet Engine and the APRSISCE32 software and configured per instructions from the Ham Nation video #76.  I have the software's map up and connected to my Yaesu FT 857d radio and Gap Challenger DX antenna.  The radio is connected to the laptop running Windows 7 64 bit edition via Signal Link USB which is known to be working just fine with other software.

      As I hear APRS transmissions on the radio with squelch set correctly I see yellow RF route traces on the map which include my laptop icon for AB9NN-10.  I see in the logs for the software that it is hearing stations also.  Here's my question:

      Can I go to http://APRS.FI and see that the software is working as an iGate as intended by viewing some log that should have both station's data in it?  If not, is there some other website to do this with?

      The radio to computer piece seems to be working but I am not able to confirm that the computer to internet piece is working.

      Thanks!

      Jon Kreski - AB9NN

    • Larry Overcast
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
        Jon,

        I'm an APRS "newbie".  Did you request the passcode that's needed to gate to APRS-IS?

        Larry Overcast
        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • Tony VE6MVP
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
          At 09:15 AM 2012-12-09, jon.kreski wrote:

          As I hear APRS transmissions on the radio with squelch set correctly I see yellow RF route traces on the map which include my laptop icon for AB9NN-10.  I see in the logs for the software that it is hearing stations also.  Here's my question:

          Can I go to http://APRS.FI and see that the software is working as an iGate as intended by viewing some log that should have both station's data in it?  If not, is there some other website to do this with?

          There's something there for AB9NN-10.   http://aprs.fi/info/a/AB9NN-10   Your station has heard two digis and a Kenwood D72

          You can also check the logs although those will only tell you what was sent.  Not that they were received and processed.    Enables >> View Logs >> Igate

          Tony
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012

            May well have heard more than that, don’t forget the 30 second duplicate filter on the IS. Looks to have heard 7 stations but got beaten to IS on some

            Steve Daniels

            Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

            Torbay Freecycle  Owner

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
              At 10:10 AM 2012-12-09, Steve Daniels wrote:

              Good point.   I didn't word that very well in my first paragraph.

              But viewing the logs hould show exactly what was heard and sent to the APRSIS servers.