Re: Program crash..blue screen of death.

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2012
      Greetings,

      I highly recommend an IOGear GUC232A. I have used it with no problems on everything from TNCs to radio programing cables.

      73,
      Larry, N2HBX

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Arte Booten <n2zrc@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Bob H. wrote:
      >
      > >I've had the best results with the one from Keyspan ...

      > >... usb mouse sometimes does not work even after i restart.
      > >XP pro 2002 service pack 3 AMD 64X2 Dual 4400+ core. USB to serial cables.
      >
      > I'd had a similar problem with a Belkin USB <> Serial adapter until someone
      > suggested I check Micro$oft's "Hardware Compatibility List" before purchase.
      > Keyspan makes at least two adapters that are on that list for XPsp3. One has
      > one seial port, the other has four ... but costs more than four times as much.
      > If, however, you NEED four serial ports on a laptop, that's probably the way
      > to go. If it's a desktop, there are PCI-based cards that have (I think) up to
      > six. Of course, then you've got to consider such ancient things as IRQ's 8-{(
      >
      > --
      > +============================================================================+
      > |> > > When replying remove " rEm0vEn0sP@M! " from the reply-to address < < <|
      > +============================================================================+
      > | Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten Lakewood, NJ <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sP@M!@...> |
      > | Cruise Missile Coordinates: 4005.67 N / 07415.14 W [FN20vc] |
      > | GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 9FBD 3940 FE30 E87B 9F1E 136A F5D8 3214 6262 AFBA |
      > +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

    • Albert Furlow
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2012

        Its working great!!!

        Thanks to all….

        AL Ka1FFO

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012

          Is It possible to connect APRS Messenger to a port in APRSIS32?

          If so, how?

          Thanks,

          Warren - KC0U

        • Warren Brandt