LOHAN Balloon test

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012

      The Register will doing a test of their LOHAN balloon tomorrow at 10:00UTC, They have choosen to use RTTY on 70CM, partly because of UK restrictions, I guess RTTY works better for very low power 70CM (we are talking mw here)

      Tracking is here http://spacenear.us/tracker/

      Not sure if it’s possible to pull data from that site and inject to APRS. Lots of UK flights use it, would be cool if it could be done.

      I have nothing to do with this launch.

      A note for new members APRSIS32 was involved in the 2010 Guinness World Record, which had live support from Lynn at the time.

      I should write a page on that for the WIKI

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner