Re: [aprsisce] Re: this is log from my KAM port

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
      Using KISS, I suspect that APRSISCE/32's default <CloseCmd>s knock the
      KAM out of KISS mode when you disable the port or exit the application.

      Disable and delete the current KISS port and create a new one as
      Simply(KISS) which doesn't do anything to the TNC on open or close.

      Then bring up a terminal emulator (with APRSISCE/32 closed) and connect
      to the KAM and put it back into KISS mode and all should be well the
      next time you run APRSISCE/32.

      On 11/29/2012 2:23 PM, kd5njr wrote:
      > Hi Fred,
      >
      > Thanks for the prompt reply. In direct response to your question :
      >> Does the KAM have the ability to always start in KISS?
      > I don't know. But afeter being in the group for a couple days and looking at the wiki it seemed like my options were Simply KISS or KISS.
      >
      > And KISS seemed more conservative.
      >
      > John is going to bring me his KAM manual to Donuts tomorrow.
      >
      > I'll look at the links you posted this evening if the household quiets down. But I'm trying to get APRSISCE/32 up and going with the TH-D72A myself. Messed up the virtual serial port install last night and had to do that again. But MCP-4 works now, so I think I finally got the driver intalled right. Next I'll try again to talk to the TH-D72 like a D710 but via USB.
      >
      > We've got a few other interested Hams watching us too...
      >
      > Thanks and 73
      > Scott
      > KD5NJR

    • kd5njr
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
        Thanks Lynn,

        John is searching his KAM manual for the command that would start KISS.

        He can see the splash screen and radio traffic from the KAM in Hyperterminal.

        Scott
        KD5NJR
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012

          You might want to put the command into the xml config file as an opencmd entry that way APRSIS can force the TNC into KISS mode if it is not

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:openclosecmd

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:editing-xml-configuration

          Steve Daniels

          Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM