RE: KD0TNH Online

  • Roger Elmore
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 27, 2012

      OK Jeff.  I did not receive the 2012-11-27 03:55:46 UTC message because it was sent to KJ4AJP, my non-message capable weather station.  By the same token, the message you sent to W0PC around the same time didn’t make it to him because you used an alpha O rather than the numeric 0 in his call.

      I did not receive your 2012-11-27 05:58:32 UTC message.  I see this packet:

      2012-11-27 05:58:32 UTC: KD0TNH>APWW10,N0OTM-15*,WIDE2-1,qAS,KB0WMU:

      And I see that message in the “Messages of KJ4AJP-1” on aprs.fi

      Group, I’ll admit to ignorance here.  http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx defines qAS being server-to-server.  Since Jeff had APRS-IS disabled, shouldn’t he be seen as a client and the packet qAR’d by the IGate?

      My message to Jeff had this packet:

      2012-11-26 20:15:44 UTC: KJ4AJP-1>APU25N,WIDE2-2,qAR,KJ4AJP-5:

      My message was from a client (not an IGate being used as a client) and was qAR’d by the IGate, and Jeff received the message.  So I’m curious what’s up.

      On-Topic because I’ve seen messages on aprs.fi from nearby WB8SKP, who runs an APRSIS32 IGate, that didn’t make it out my IGate to RF to be received by my clients.  I assume these messages originated from his APRSIS32 IGate station (he can confirm or deny, I know he’s subbed to this group).

      I figure the KJ4AJP-5 IGate is doing its job, but if you think the issue is with that, I’ll take it to the UI-View group.  However, I’m sending messages back and forth from my KJ4AJP-2 iPod to both the KJ4AJP-1 UI-View and KJ4AJP-12 APRSIS32 clients, and on 11/16/12 after I posted my -1 station info in the TH-D72 group (where we originally met Jeff) another D72 user W0KDE out of the blue messaged -1 with his HT saying it was the first chance he had to test his IGate, so we also did a HT-HT QSO through both our IGates – his appears to be UI-View based also.

      Any insight?

      --

      Roger  KJ4AJP

      Previously, Roger Elmore wrote:

      Question for the group – Hardware digis are normally set to do a local beacon to RF every 10 minutes and a 2-hop every hour.  Is that controllable (or already taken care of in the XML) in APRSIS32?