Re: [aprsisce] New APRSISCE For Windows Mobile Released!

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
      Dave,

      Actually, the left/right change the transparency of the map. It only
      looks like the detail changes as it becomes darker. As I was writing
      the release notes, an early tester of the left/right feature reported
      the left wrapping issue.

      I think the delay in the +/- on the screen is Windows Mobile hesitating
      to see if your motion was going to be a double-click or not. With the
      keyboard, there's no uncertainty.

      If your HTC Touch Pro has a navigation rocker thing on the face, it also
      works for the up/down/left/right. At least, my AT&T Tilt works that way!

      Thanks for the positive (and quick!) feedback. At least I know it works
      for one more person than just me!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      David Shrum wrote:

      > Lynn,
      > I just downloaded it and installed it and I like the new additions, no I
      > haven't tried it yet while mobile but I like what I see so far.
      >
      > When you said the "Left/Right" arrows I was looking on the face of my HTC
      > Touch Pro and the screen and didn't see any of those keys, DUH, then I
      > slid
      > open my keyboard and sure enough they worked. The Touch Pro hides the
      > keyboard when in 'normal' position.
      >
      > I also noticed that the Up/Down keys affect the zoom level, nice. I
      > find my
      > phone responds faster to those arrow keys than the "+" "-" buttons on the
      > screen.
      >
      > When I kept the left arrow key pressed the map would cycle from map to
      > just
      > circle and back to the map and keep cycling, but the right only increased
      > more detail to the map.
      >
      > Dave N8PU

    • Noel Shrum
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
        The 5-way nav pad on the touch pro works that way for me, too. (I have
        the sprint version)
        I'm not seeing any wrapping, though.

        Noel
        W8TVI