Installation of aprsisce32

  • ve6byn
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
      Good day. I have opened the program, installed the passcode and all I get is a flashing bar across the middle of the screen. IS there something I am missing?
      Currently running Windows7 on a 64 bit laptop.
      Can anyone please help (if possible).
      Thanks appreciate any help I can get.

      Bryan
      VE6BYN
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
        Where does the exe file reside? Did you follow the instructions and
        put it in a non-protected directory? Have you unzipped it? Give us
        more information Bryan...

        James

        On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM, ve6byn <ve6byn@...> wrote:
        > Good day. I have opened the program, installed the passcode and all I get is a flashing bar across the middle of the screen. IS there something I am missing?
        > Currently running Windows7 on a 64 bit laptop.
        > Can anyone please help (if possible).
        > Thanks appreciate any help I can get.
        >
        > Bryan
        > VE6BYN

      • Bryan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012

          I opened the  compressed file and there is one file there aprais32. Click on that file and a Client Configuration box comes up where I enter the passcode and callsign, click ok and then just get the flashing bar across the middle of the screen.

          That’s all that happens. I tried to save the compressed file the hard drive in a directory called aprsis32, clicked aprsis32 file, filled in the client config box with my callsign and passcode. Now this time there is a screen that poped up with the flashing area.

          Ok James, I just tried it a couple of more times, now it is woking. Do not know what was the problem.

          Sorry for the inconvenience.

          Bryan

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
            I suspect the second time you actually unzipped the delivery file.  The first time, you were executing it directly out of the .ZIP which prevents it from working correctly because it has no actual default directory into which to store files.

            Please check out Julian, G4ILO's excellent introductory video at:

            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup