RE: [aprsisce] Feature Request for support of Davis Weatherlink output

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 17, 2012

      If you supply the files so I can have a look, I will have a look at writing something tomorrow, depending on how complex the htx and html files are.

      I assume you are running 32bit XP.

      When it’s working will release it for anyone running the same setup to use

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 144 KB

      It seems the software will export to a CSV file, although I have trouble finding a manual. That covers this.

      Will it export on a scheduled basis? That would make coding easier.

      That said I could screen scrape as I would have to with the info you provided.

      Do you have your weather displaying on a publicly viewable webpage?

      What I am thinking is that would allow an APRSIS32 user with a station to TX weather to local APRS, but also a user without a weather station to grab from a local weather station..

      All the above said a bit of research found the attached, which might work it’s old written in 2006 for version 5.6

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 3 of 10 , Nov 18, 2012

        Progress.

        KK4DFZ-WX is now on IS with APRSIS32 picking up wxnow.txt file created with the Weatherlink module you sent over.

        Now to get the TNC sorted out and put the weather on the air, so to speak.

        Thanks Steve,

        Walter

        Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012

          Well for reference I found it here http://www.bpsmicro.com/Files/WXNOW_Generator.htm

          The last update 6 years ago but VE3BSM is active on APRS

          Found it whilst searching for a weatherlink manual with export details.

          Torbay Freecycle  Owner

          [Attachment(s) from Steve Daniels included below]

          It seems the software will export to a CSV file, although I have trouble finding a manual. That covers this.

          Will it export on a scheduled basis? That would make coding easier.

          That said I could screen scrape as I would have to with the info you provided.

          Do you have your weather displaying on a publicly viewable webpage?

          What I am thinking is that would allow an APRSIS32 user with a station to TX weather to local APRS, but also a user without a weather station to grab from a local weather station..

          All the above said a bit of research found the attached, which might work it’s old written in 2006 for version 5.6

          < p class="MsoNormal">

          Torbay Freecycle  Owner

          Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012

            I have no idea what a dll is or how they work, but this one does work and I’m grateful.   Thanks for the help.

            Since no good deed should go unpunished, maybe you could add this little nugget to the wx part of the wiki? Some Davis operators would likely appreciate it.

            Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012

              DLL is Dynamic Link Library

              Have update the wiki to include a link to the DLL for Davis users

              Torbay Freecycle  Owner