Kantronics GPS Tracker & MT2000 with internal GPS

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
      These devices have internal GPS and 2 serial ports - one to talk to TNC and one to receive streaming NMEA data. The NMEA string can be obtained on the TNC port by issuing a CTL-e, whence the device responds with the desired NMEA string(s).

      Can APRSISCE be configured to utilize the single TNC serial port for both TNC & GPS data or do I have to use separate ports? (Perhaps future capability?)

      Gary W5BI
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
        The Control-E trigger for NMEA data polling has been requested, but is
        not yet available in APRSISCE/32. For now, you'll need to hook up both
        serial ports and configure one as NMEA and the other as a suitable-type
        of TNC (RF Port).