lines between stations

  • Don
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012

      That is the different in the color of the lines going between station. Example  red and purple.

      I checked the wikidot, but could not find an answer.

      73, Don

      N1EDF

    • ltdoc
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
        I can't find information about them either and I'm definitely interested.
        - 'Doc

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
          There's lots of lines that might be on your screen. If you can post a
          screen shot of a particular question, I can answer it and we might even
          use it on the Wiki! I suspect it belongs in the
          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/paths page, but until I see the lines that
          you're asking about, I can't know for sure, especially "red and purple"
          ones.

          PS. If you hit Control-C with focus on the main map or a MultiTrack,
          the image will be copied to your clipboard and can be pasted directly
          inline in an e-mail in some e-mail clients like Thunderbird.

          On 11/11/2012 7:18 PM, ltdoc wrote:
          > I can't find information about them either and I'm definitely interested.
          > - 'Doc
          >

          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <n1edf@...> wrote:
          >> That is the different in the color of the lines going between station.
          >> Example red and purple.
          >>

          >> I checked the wikidot, but could not find an answer.
          >>

          >> 73, Don
          >>
          >> N1EDF

        • Don
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012

            I found out what they are.

            They are the station and network paths  and the color are how you have them setup.

            Click on Screen, paths.

            73 Don

            N1EDF

            There's lots of lines that might be on your screen. If you can post a
            screen shot of a particular question, I can answer it and we might even
            use it on the Wiki! I suspect it belongs in the
            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/paths page, but until I see the lines that
            you're asking about, I can't know for sure, especially "red and purple"
            ones.

            PS. If you hit Control-C with focus on the main map or a MultiTrack,
            the image will be copied to your clipboard and can be pasted directly
            inline in an e-mail in some e-mail clients like Thunderbird.

            On 11/11/2012 7:18 PM, ltdoc wrote:
            > I can't find information about them either and I'm definitely interested.
            > - 'Doc
            >

            > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <n1edf@...> wrote:
            >> That is the different in the color of the lines going between station.
            >> Example red and purple.
            >>

            >> I checked the wikidot, but could not find an answer.
            >>

            >> 73, Don
            >>
            >> N1EDF

          • Pat Ryan KC6VVT
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
              Screen; Path; Appearance - then check blocks, select colors, for APRS Network view of lines between stations/digis/etc;

              Expert block - check to edit line thickness and colors for best or custom display.

              Times - ALL seems to be the best, and I view the last 24 hours or so, then will exit to reset the screen display to catch a new APRS Network sample.

              Found the choice of some Times confusing, and they appear to reset to defaults if you click Accept. This Screen; Paths: Appearance area could use better explanation on the wiki, and a link to find it!

              Watch the KC6VVT album in Photos section for APRS-BandOpening and the earlier posted KC9PON-11 Balloon paths screen captures that resulted with the above.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
                On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Pat Ryan KC6VVT <kc6vvt@...> wrote:

                > Found the choice of some Times confusing, and they appear to reset to
                > defaults if you click Accept. This Screen; Paths: Appearance area could
                > use better explanation on the wiki, and a link to find it!

                They don't reset to defaults, but the switches are a little wonky like
                usual. The global switches don't change the subsets, but override
                instead.

                When you figure out how it all works let me know and I can add
                information to the wiki...

                (Yes, we have to figure out how things work before we can describe
                them to the masses!)

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
                  I have received a problem report on one of the Expert time modifications
                  that really does drop back to default when you click Accept. I'm hoping
                  to get it looked at and fixed sooner than later.

                  On 11/21/2012 10:45 AM, James Ewen wrote:
                  > On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Pat Ryan KC6VVT <kc6vvt@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Found the choice of some Times confusing, and they appear to reset to
                  >> defaults if you click Accept. This Screen; Paths: Appearance area could
                  >> use better explanation on the wiki, and a link to find it!
                  > They don't reset to defaults, but the switches are a little wonky like
                  > usual. The global switches don't change the subsets, but override
                  > instead.
                  >
                  > When you figure out how it all works let me know and I can add
                  > information to the wiki...
                  >
                  > (Yes, we have to figure out how things work before we can describe
                  > them to the masses!)

                • Don
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013

                    What do the different colored lines between station mean?

                    I have checked Wikidot, but could not find the answer.

                    73, Don

                    N1edf

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
                      On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Don <n1edf@...> wrote:

                      > What do the different colored lines between station mean?
                      >
                      > I have checked Wikidot, but could not find the answer.

                      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/paths

                      You're going to make me go finish writing the wiki page now, aren't
                      you? Another project started and then derailed that needs to be
                      completed!

                    • Don
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013

                        Sorry,  but I went there first.