WebDT360 XP Tablet

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      Greeting All,

      I use the unit mobile.

      Couple of observations:
      I noticed that when putting the unit in stand-by when APRSIS32 is running,
      it appears to start the stand-by change but never finishes. The screen has
      the stand-by dialog open and a small section of APRSIS32 and freezes. I try
      to remember to close APRSIS32 each time I want to stand-by.

      The OS thinks that is should have SERMOUSE.COM installed so it always asks
      for it when the GPS is connected. I select CANCEL and carry on. I tried the
      Microsoft method of making the OS not look for a mouse on particular serial
      ports. I have not been successful yet.

      Question:
      Is it possible to map the upper-right button (mine is barcode reader
      currently) to be an "Enter" button?

      Overall, I like the unit. It is a nice compromise between the small screen
      of the HTC Tilt and my more costly (and fragile) Netbook (both of which I
      use).

      I do need to find a DC-DC converter for running if from car power. I
      currently use a 400W DC-AC converter. When it is running, it messes with HF.
      I would not be surprised if it doesn't have some effect on the VHF/UHF
      bands. I haven't specifically tried to check for it either.

      A wireless mouse and miniature keyboard would be a nice addition. I have
      used a mouse like the one listed below. It might be just the ticket for
      mobile use.
      http://www.buy.com/prod/handheld-track-mouse/219169658.html?listingId=124650
      387

      Best regards,