Re: [aprsisce] Balloon over Maine

  • Bob Harris
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012
      Thanks for the tip Lynn

      I had not (until now) tried Shrieks. Have it working

      On 11/1/2012 10:49 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      Very cool and thanks for the notification.  And as a reminder, if you want to keep both the balloon and the chase vehicle visible without a bunch of clutter, just click on each in turn and Configure Nickname on them and set the comment to something like !BALLOON!.  You do NOT need to check  the box beside comment.  Then you can do a View / NONE followed by a View / Shrieks / !BALLOON! to see just those tagged stations.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

      On 11/1/2012 10:42 AM, Bob Harris wrote:
      For you who are balloon watchers, there is one over Maine at the moment (W1YA-11) and its recovery vehicle appears to be AA1PJ-3.

      I am receiving some of the balloon's packets directly over RF in New Hampshire.

      Bob Harris (K9UDX)
      Bath, NH

      --

      BobHarris (K9UDX)
      Bath, NH

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012

        Those of you are balloon fans I suggest joining the ANSRVR BALLOON group, where you can alert, and also get automated alerts of launches and bursts courtesy of KF7MVY

        You can join under messages/announcements in APRSIS32

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012

          Speaking of balloons live interview shortly on BBC 1 with Felix Baumgartner. I guess only available in the UK . Will record as apparently exclusive footage of the jump also.

          Those in the UK tune into The One Show on now

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012

            I going to write up a section on Radio Direction Finding does anyone have any screen shots of APRSIS32 in action doing RDF that I can add to the WIKI page?

          • Adam Mahnke
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012
              If I can remember to send them too you. I forgot my flash drive at home today :(

              Adam
              KC2ANT

              To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
              From: steve@...
              Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:49:28 +0000
              Subject: [aprsisce] Radio Direction Finding

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012

                Thanks Adam the more info the better, that actually goes for any part of the wiki

                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                From: steve@...
                Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:49:28 +0000