Balloon over Maine

  • Bob Harris
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012
      For you who are balloon watchers, there is one over Maine at the moment (W1YA-11) and its recovery vehicle appears to be AA1PJ-3.

      I am receiving some of the balloon's packets directly over RF in New Hampshire.

      BobHarris (K9UDX)
      Bath, NH

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012
          Thanks for the tip Lynn

          I had not (until now) tried Shrieks. Have it working

          --

          BobHarris (K9UDX)
          Bath, NH

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012

            Those of you are balloon fans I suggest joining the ANSRVR BALLOON group, where you can alert, and also get automated alerts of launches and bursts courtesy of KF7MVY

            You can join under messages/announcements in APRSIS32

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2012

              Speaking of balloons live interview shortly on BBC 1 with Felix Baumgartner. I guess only available in the UK . Will record as apparently exclusive footage of the jump also.

              Those in the UK tune into The One Show on now

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012

                I going to write up a section on Radio Direction Finding does anyone have any screen shots of APRSIS32 in action doing RDF that I can add to the WIKI page?

              • Adam Mahnke
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012
                  If I can remember to send them too you. I forgot my flash drive at home today :(

                  Adam
                  KC2ANT

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                  From: steve@...
                  Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:49:28 +0000
                  Subject: [aprsisce] Radio Direction Finding

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 2, 2012

                    Thanks Adam the more info the better, that actually goes for any part of the wiki

                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                    From: steve@...
                    Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:49:28 +0000