W Canadian Topo Tiles

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
      Topographical tiles for western Canada (Alberta westward):

      The basic information:
      Server: s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com
      Port: 80
      URLPrefix: /nrcan/canmatrix/%z/%x/%y.png?v=1
      Min Zoom: 5
      Max Zoom: 15

      PS. Danger will Robinson!

      Or, close APRSISCE/32, cut and paste this into tile server section of your
      XML, start APRSISCE/32, then select this tile set from either the
      Configure/Map or Screen/TileSet menu:

      <!--TileServer[50]-->
      <TileServer Name="CT-CanMatrix">
      <Server>s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com</Server>
      <Port>80</Port>
      <URLPrefix>/nrcan/canmatrix/%z/%x/%y.png?v=1</URLPrefix>
      <SupportsStatus>0</SupportsStatus>
      <Path>C:/Personal/APRSIS32-2/OSMTiles/CalTopo-CanMatrix/</Path>
      <PurgeEnabled>0</PurgeEnabled>
      <RetainDays>0</RetainDays>
      <RetainZoom>0</RetainZoom>
      <MinServerZoom>5</MinServerZoom>
      <MaxServerZoom>15</MaxServerZoom>
      <RevisionHours>0</RevisionHours>
      </TileServer>
      <!--TileServer[50]-->

      APRSISCE/32 will adjust contents (after RESTART) once the tile set is
      selected and the location is picked.
      Derived from: http://caltopo.com

      It is unlikely these tiles will be updated so I chose not to purge.

      PSS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger,_Will_Robinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
        Nice find Fred!

        Thanks for posting the info, especially the xml snippet. Pulling tiles
        as I type.

        There are even tiles for up here in the middle of no where!

        http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FVE6SRV-14&timerange=3600

      • Eric Weder
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012

          Thanks for that. Wouldn’t have tried figuring it out on my own.

          Regards,

          Eric

          Eric Weder

          Eric.weder@...