Re: [aprsisce] Paper Airplane from USI

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 28, 2012
      On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > On 10/28/2012 11:17 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:
      >
      > And as James said launches are not hard, although for Lynn he would
      > most likely lose the payload, unless it floats and he has a boat.
      >
      > That's what I meant by "we don't all have access". In my early days of
      > APRS I watched balloon flight that was launched on the west coast of
      > Florida, come past my QTH about 1 mile to the north, and proceed to
      > splash down about 5 miles offshore.
      >
      > Yes, payload recovery for a Florida peninsula-based launch is iffy at best.

      I can't help it if people make poor decisions about where they choose
      to live. Why anyone would choose to live just a few feet above sea
      level in an area where hurricanes are common place is just silly! 8)

      You don't have to launch a HAB flight from Florida... you can always
      drive to an area more conducive to recovery options. You can also work
      on the Trans-Atlantic crossing flights as as well... Ron K6RPT didn't
      let a little bitty thing like the North American continent stand in
      his way when doing a Trans-Atlantic HAB flight!

      I don't have access to whale watching where I live, but I can gain
      access to the activity. Yes, some areas are more conducive to certain
      activities over others, but you can't hide behind that excuse forever!

      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 17, 2012

        Think I will be sticking to an Airbus plane when I board one next, not great when your pilots leave the aircraft early

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner