Re: [aprsisce] Paper Airplane from USI

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 28, 2012
      On 10/28/2012 11:17 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:
      And as James said launches are not hard, although for Lynn he would most likely lose the payload, unless it floats and he has a boat.

      That's what I meant by "we don't all have access".  In my early days of APRS I watched balloon flight that was launched on the west coast of Florida, come past my QTH about 1 mile to the north, and proceed to splash down about 5 miles offshore.

      Yes, payload recovery for a Florida peninsula-based launch is iffy at best.

      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 17, 2012

        Think I will be sticking to an Airbus plane when I board one next, not great when your pilots leave the aircraft early

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner