Re: [aprsisce] Paper Airplane from USI

  • Chris Lantaff
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 27, 2012
    I would also like to thank all of you for the helpful comments.  We were just brought into this adventure a week ago and needless to say we were scrambling to make it work.  Other than not knowing the real workings of aprsice the big issue today seemed to be with the usb to serial converter.

    The balloon had a malfunction and never reached altitude for the release of the plane.  After seeing how the plane was attached and reading some comments on here, I think the planes gps was never able to get a lock because it was surrounded with foil.

    It was fun, learned a lot, but we will be much better prepared for the next time.

    - Chris Lantaff  KE9YK
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”  - Plato
    Message 34 of 34 , Nov 17, 2012

      Think I will be sticking to an Airbus plane when I board one next, not great when your pilots leave the aircraft early

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner