wx station issues

  • KEITH BOYER
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
      Lynn,

      I am thinking about deleting and then re-downloading the software.   My wx station is showing : 76 degrees ( it is 80 outside) with a clam W wind (NE @ 13).

      I am not sure which set of info to send you from last time so I am thinking about starting off from scratch.  I would like to have data displayed with Sandy coming by.

      Thanks,

      --
      Keith Boyer N4TRN
      Orange County Communication Auxiliary

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
        Lynn,

        I did some digging and this is what I found:  4 aprsis32.xml files.

        All of them has n4trn-wx with it.  Most of the files are showing the last wx tx with zeros.

        If is a Cumulus issue, then I will get with that source.  I personally think that there are to many to choose from and I would not know which one to pick.  That is my reason to start off from scratch.

        Further more, the symb is gone.  On my 2nd attempt, I choose the Cumulus file and it show false readings.

        What do you think?

        Much appreciated.

        Keith

        Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
          If I read the blurry screen capture correctly, there aren't really 4 APRSIS32.XML files, there is only one.  The others are either a "Copy of", but there's no APRSIS32-Safe.xml file either, at least not that my eyes can pick out.  With no APRSIS32-Safe.xml, I wonder if this is the directory from which APRSIS32 is running?  I can't read the dates, but the timestamp of the REAL APRSIS32.XML file should update every time you close the client.

          I think you need to figure out a single directory from which to execute APRSIS32.EXE and stick to it.  The APRSIS32.XML file is stored in the default directory when the program runs which is either the directory with the .EXE or a different directory specified in a shortcut to the .EXE.

          Once you figure out which configuration is "real" (one easy way is to set the beacon comment to something unique and check them all for that text), delete the other ones.  Once that is resolved, you can progress with the weather issue.

          On the weather issue, find out where the wxnow.txt file is being pulled from, monitor that directory to see if it is updating.   Once we can confirm which file is being used and that that file is being updated, we'll take the next step.