Error - application lock

  • sq5nwi
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 3 KB
    Yesterday I experienced few times strange and annoying error.
    After some time of operation with number of MultiTrack windows opened small error window appears in the middle of the screen (see attached picture).
    From that moment I can not open/close any APRSIS32 window or change any settings.
    Only what I can do is to kill APRSIS32 process from windows task manager level.
    My environment contains of Windows XP Pro machine with APRSIS32 latest development release, i.e. 2012/10/06 07:31.
    --
    Regards,

    Krzysztof
    SQ5NWI

    PS. Still waiting for WX beacon comment customization answer or point me to the answer if I missed it.

      Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
        As I mentioned - latest development release, built 2012/10/06 07:31.
        Reason on Windows side seems to be the right one.
        After system reboot and few hours of APRSIS32 operation with multiple MultiTracko windows opened everything is fine so far.

        Well, I had - before reboot - also some Ooops log with the events related to bitmap generation, but I didn't save them so will do this if occur again.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        W dniu 2012-10-12 14:54:08 użytkownik Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> napisał:

        If you do an About, what version are you running?

        This error seems to occur when Windows has run out of resources or you have power settings configured to turn off the display adapter causing graphics calls to fail.

        On 10/12/2012 4:05 AM, sq5nwi wrote:
        Yesterday I experienced few times strange and annoying error.
        After some time of operation with number of MultiTrack windows opened small error window appears in the middle of the screen (see attached picture).
        From that moment I can not open/close any APRSIS32 window or change any settings.
        Only what I can do is to kill APRSIS32 process from windows task manager level.
        My environment contains of Windows XP Pro machine with APRSIS32 latest development release, i.e. 2012/10/06 07:31.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        PS. Still waiting for WX beacon comment customization answer or point me to the answer if I missed it.

        ~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~

        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
          My apology for not noticing the version, but I certainly see it now.  Blame it on morning eyes.

          Yes, I'd be interested in what the Oops logs have to say as well.  Those might be in your APRSIS32*.LOG files if you had Enables / Logging / File Enabled checked (which I encourage everyone to do!).

          Additionally, if you Control-Double-Click the APRS-IS OK pane, the very bottom of that (very long) message box will have some lines like:

          Objects: 388 GDI 423 User

          16x16:24(*9.5) 25x25:33(*8085.6) 21x21:53(*6228.9) 17x17:62(*32620.7) 12x12:24(*35928.5) 8x8:269(*1221639.4) 19x19:37(*12.8) 29x29:7(*1310.3)

          These are statistics about Windows resource utilization by the program as well as bitmap caches and hit rates.  If you do a Control-C with this message box focused, it will copy the text to the clipboard for pasting into an e-mail.

          In particular, keep an eye on whether or not the Objects counts increase over time.  When opening new windows, they will normally increase, but when things are just running, they should be fairly stable.

          On 10/12/2012 9:01 AM, sq5nwi wrote:
[...]

          From that moment I can not open/close any APRSIS32 window or change any settings.

          Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
            Didn't have Enables / Logging / File Enabled checked.
            Now I have.
            Will it be usefull for you if I give you current Windows resources information from Control-Double-Click the APRS-IS OK pane or better when problem occurs?
            In fact it is almost all day without it after system reboot...
            I'll watch it and report with log information according to your directions. The same for Ooops log events which didn't repeat from reboot.

            I'm sorry that I'm so stubborn about WX object comment, but... so what you think, could it be user modified?
            --
            Regards,

            Krzysztof
            SQ5NWI

[...]