Sound Modem Test

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29 3:39 PM

      I am hoping to run a test of sound modems that are APRSISCE/32 compatible tomorrow.

      Going to try an compare as many as I can find, will attempt to compare against the only modern Hardware modem I have a TNC-X and maybe a very old BSX Tiny2 clone.

      AGW won’t be among them as it just crashes on my PC. I have tried for ages to get it working and it refuses.

      Will list the results and if I missed one let me know and will run a test on that one.

      It Will be done running a CD of recorded data into my soundcard mic input, in the case of sound modems.

      And I will test the soundcard on the motherboard against an expensive SoundBlaster Card.

      Will leave each soundcard with the same settings, for each modem test.

      Then I will attempt to optimize settings for each modem and card.

      This will be for sound modems that are directly supported by APRSISCE/32 not ones that have to run through com0com or similar.

      Hoping that the Java sound modem will be among them, if Dave can get it compiled.

      Will try again to get AGW running, but got to the point of lifes to short with it.