OT Club on air tomorrow for a good cause (please Read)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012

      My club will be on Air tomorrow on HF. Will try and give out frequencies call sign MX0RIV. Not a special event call sign as short notice.

      The club supports all our local RNLI events (Lifeboats) but this one is special.

      Geoff Ingram was the skipper of a Trawler that sank on the 11th of September, 2 crew members were picked up, by another Trawler close by and that trawler relayed the distress calls, Sadly Geoff did not make it out of the boat.

      Geoff being a lifeboat man knew all the risks and precautions, he was also a Radio Amateur M0AGI

      I suspect but don’t know he put out calls for help and left it too long, Divers have recovered his body.

      If you want to donate for his family http://www.fishermensmission.org.uk/  Make sure you say it’s for the Sarah Jayne Fund (Name of the Trawler) and include a call sign

      Admittedly the crew of the Chloe T had abandoned by this time but the go down quickly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvGS3M_EyU