Re: [aprsisce] New IGate Setup - Non-AX.25 AGWPE Packets? Not Gating.

  • Timothy M. Admire
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2012
      Good to know.  I think I'll switch my other system over to that as well.  Was very simple to setup.

      /TA

      --
      Timothy M. Admire
      GO PREPARED

      Sonoma County Search & Rescue (sonomasar.org)
      Friends of Henry 1 (friendsofhenry1.org; fb.com/friendsofh1; @friendsofhenry1)
      FCC Amateur Radio License: KI6TFI (tinyurl.com/3cgtbdu)
      Facebook (fb.com/tim.admire)

      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

      Under test UZ7HO soundmodem decodes better then AGW

      Well, I switched to SoundModem instead of AGWPE and it seems to be working now!  Will monitor from here.

      Thank you!!

      /TA

      --
      Timothy M. Admire
      GO PREPARED

      Sonoma County Search & Rescue (sonomasar.org)

      Friends of Henry 1 (friendsofhenry1.org; fb.com/friendsofh1; @friendsofhenry1)
      FCC Amateur Radio License: KI6TFI
      (tinyurl.com/3cgtbdu)
      Facebook (fb.com/tim.admire)

      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Timothy M. Admire <tim.admire@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Lynn.  The APRSIS32 and AGWPE installation on the working and non-working are exactly the same.  I literally copied the folders to the PC for the new IGate.  I had, at first, setup new installations but in troubleshooting this decided to make exact copies and I am experiencing the same issues.

      I am using a TCP/IP connection between AGWPE and APRSIS32 on port 8000 and that matches in both pieces of software.  I can see that AGWPE is passing data, but it appears as though the beginning of each packet coming through is not AX25 compliance.  It shows that X/Y bytes were Non AX.25.  The GPS coords and comment info are coming through on the packets, but the beginning of the packets are garbled.

      Squelch is all the way open on the radio.  I wonder if it's a volume issue.  Maybe it needs to be re-adjusted or go out of whack somehow.  It seems to me that the connection between APRSIS32 and AGWPE is functioning.

      /TA

      --
      Timothy M. Admire
      GO PREPARED

      Sonoma County Search & Rescue (sonomasar.org)

      Friends of Henry 1 (friendsofhenry1.org; fb.com/friendsofh1; @friendsofhenry1)
      FCC Amateur Radio License: KI6TFI
      (tinyurl.com/3cgtbdu)
      Facebook (fb.com/tim.admire)

      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Is it the same AGWPE version between the working and non-working system?

      Are you using the same TCP/IP port and configuration in AGWPE?

      Is that port number specified in APRSISCE/32's defined RF Port and is that port of type AGW?

      If you're only using AGW's sound-card capabilities for a single port, have you considered UZ7HO's SoundModem?

      Can you e-mail both the working and non-working APRSIS32.XML files to KJ4ERJ@... along with a note as to which is which and what I'm supposed to look for (non-working AGW interface)?  Include the APRSIS32*.LOG files after making sure you've been running with Enables / Logging / File Enabled checked.

      On 9/28/2012 12:01 PM, Timothy M. Admire wrote:

      Tried that.  Same result.... something is up with the way the packets are being decoded by APRSIS32 or how they are being transferred from AGWPE to APRSIS32.

      /TA

      --
      Timothy M. Admire
      GO PREPARED

      Sonoma County Search & Rescue (sonomasar.org)

      Friends of Henry 1 (friendsofhenry1.org; fb.com/friendsofh1; @friendsofhenry1)
      FCC Amateur Radio License: KI6TFI
      (tinyurl.com/3cgtbdu)
      Facebook (fb.com/tim.admire)

      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Tony Leonardi KD6HNI <kd6hni@...> wrote:

      Try switching servers this has

      Happened to me as we'll.

      server connection may be intermittent or not valid.

      On Sep 28, 2012, at 8:27, "Timothy M. Admire" <tim.admire@...> wrote:

      I'm in the process of setting up another IGate using APRSIS32+AGWPE and I am running into some issues that I have not seen before.  I am literally using a copy of the AGWPE and APRSIS32 installations on a functional IGate and I'm still having issues.  Here are the details:

      The receiving radio has been tuned properly for volume and when reviewing the Ports(AGWPE) log in APRSIS32, there are many packets flowing through, however, they are all labeled as Non-AX.25.  When I look at this log on my functional IGate, I see a Non-AX.25 preceded by an AX.25 entry for every decoded packet.  This is not the case on this new setup.  The result is that I am not getting any stations on the map of the left hand bar and nothing is being gated to IS.

      The strange thing is that this worked before for a short period, then completely stopped (maybe a day or so).  Nothing has been touched on the radio or on the PC and I cannot get it to function again.  Has anyone seen something like this?  I hope so!

      Thank you!

      /TA