Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: {Some tags disabled} [aprsisce] wx station question

  • KEITH BOYER
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 3.8 MB
    Hi Keith,

    Thanks for the feedback.

    I follow you.  I will make the house symbol the main then add the wx symbol for the station.  The attached is what popped up when I clicked on my station a few ago, if it helps.

    I will work at it, much appreciated Keith

    Keith

    On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
    Keith N4TRN wrote...

    > Yes, I realized that it would be a good idea to change the icon
    > over to a wx station. I just did that.

    If it's a WX station, it's definitely a good idea to use the WX symbol.

    > I may have errored in adding a new object of a wx station to my
    > location. Since I now have two wx objects. I figure it is something
    > simple that I am over looking. Any suggestions?

    I would recommend not using the same callsign-SSID for multiple
    stations. According to Bob WB4APR, an object of the same name
    should replace a station with a callsign-SSID identical to the object
    name. Much to his chagrin, UI-View doesn't do this. I don't know
    about Lynn's APRS client. Regardless, if you don't have objects
    and stations with the same name as your objects, you should be
    OK.... don't have a station using the callsign-SSID of N4TRN and
    an object using the name N4TRN.

    73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional