Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: {Some tags disabled} [aprsisce] wx station question

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14 10:58 AM
      Keith N4TRN wrote...

      > Yes, I realized that it would be a good idea to change the icon
      > over to a wx station. I just did that.

      If it's a WX station, it's definitely a good idea to use the WX symbol.

      > I may have errored in adding a new object of a wx station to my
      > location. Since I now have two wx objects. I figure it is something
      > simple that I am over looking. Any suggestions?

      I would recommend not using the same callsign-SSID for multiple
      stations. According to Bob WB4APR, an object of the same name
      should replace a station with a callsign-SSID identical to the object
      name. Much to his chagrin, UI-View doesn't do this. I don't know
      about Lynn's APRS client. Regardless, if you don't have objects
      and stations with the same name as your objects, you should be
      OK.... don't have a station using the callsign-SSID of N4TRN and
      an object using the name N4TRN.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • KEITH BOYER
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14 2:31 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 3.8 MB
      Hi Keith,

      Thanks for the feedback.

      I follow you.  I will make the house symbol the main then add the wx symbol for the station.  The attached is what popped up when I clicked on my station a few ago, if it helps.

      I will work at it, much appreciated Keith

      Keith

      On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
      Keith N4TRN wrote...

      > Yes, I realized that it would be a good idea to change the icon
      > over to a wx station. I just did that.

      If it's a WX station, it's definitely a good idea to use the WX symbol.

      > I may have errored in adding a new object of a wx station to my
      > location. Since I now have two wx objects. I figure it is something
      > simple that I am over looking. Any suggestions?

      I would recommend not using the same callsign-SSID for multiple
      stations. According to Bob WB4APR, an object of the same name
      should replace a station with a callsign-SSID identical to the object
      name. Much to his chagrin, UI-View doesn't do this. I don't know
      about Lynn's APRS client. Regardless, if you don't have objects
      and stations with the same name as your objects, you should be
      OK.... don't have a station using the callsign-SSID of N4TRN and
      an object using the name N4TRN.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional