RE: [aprsisce] New APRSISCE For Windows Mobile Released!

  • David Shrum
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
      Lynn,
      I just downloaded it and installed it and I like the new additions, no I
      haven't tried it yet while mobile but I like what I see so far.

      When you said the "Left/Right" arrows I was looking on the face of my HTC
      Touch Pro and the screen and didn't see any of those keys, DUH, then I slid
      open my keyboard and sure enough they worked. The Touch Pro hides the
      keyboard when in 'normal' position.

      I also noticed that the Up/Down keys affect the zoom level, nice. I find my
      phone responds faster to those arrow keys than the "+" "-" buttons on the
      screen.

      When I kept the left arrow key pressed the map would cycle from map to just
      circle and back to the map and keep cycling, but the right only increased
      more detail to the map.

      Dave N8PU

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
        Dave,

        Actually, the left/right change the transparency of the map. It only
        looks like the detail changes as it becomes darker. As I was writing
        the release notes, an early tester of the left/right feature reported
        the left wrapping issue.

        I think the delay in the +/- on the screen is Windows Mobile hesitating
        to see if your motion was going to be a double-click or not. With the
        keyboard, there's no uncertainty.

        If your HTC Touch Pro has a navigation rocker thing on the face, it also
        works for the up/down/left/right. At least, my AT&T Tilt works that way!

        Thanks for the positive (and quick!) feedback. At least I know it works
        for one more person than just me!

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        David Shrum wrote:

        > Lynn,
        > I just downloaded it and installed it and I like the new additions, no I
        > haven't tried it yet while mobile but I like what I see so far.
        >
        > When you said the "Left/Right" arrows I was looking on the face of my HTC
        > Touch Pro and the screen and didn't see any of those keys, DUH, then I
        > slid
        > open my keyboard and sure enough they worked. The Touch Pro hides the
        > keyboard when in 'normal' position.
        >
        > I also noticed that the Up/Down keys affect the zoom level, nice. I
        > find my
        > phone responds faster to those arrow keys than the "+" "-" buttons on the
        > screen.
        >
        > When I kept the left arrow key pressed the map would cycle from map to
        > just
        > circle and back to the map and keep cycling, but the right only increased
        > more detail to the map.
        >
        > Dave N8PU

      • Noel Shrum
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
          The 5-way nav pad on the touch pro works that way for me, too. (I have
          the sprint version)
          I'm not seeing any wrapping, though.

          Noel
          W8TVI