RE: Best Settings for Kenwood D710a with Greenlight Labs GPS

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
      This may be a good question to ask of the group. The author, Lynn, doesn't have every radio combination to know and understand all the interactions but the collective does or at least nearly does.

      Have you looked for information on the WIKI? I don't remember seeing anything there about Greenlight but I don't have a Kenwood so I haven't looked specifically either.

      NOFIX means there is no fix. It doesn't mean there is no GPS signal but that may be true. You should attempt to see the GPS date using a terminal application, PuTTY, TeraTerm or even HyperTerm. If you can't find it, then APRSIS32 can't find it.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
        I ran into this running APRSIS32 without a GPS on the computer, connected to the D710 in packet mode and a GPS connected to the radio.

        If you're using the d710 in packet mode the computer needs it's own gps.

        Caused lots of issues for me until Lynn explained to me what was happening.

        If that doesn't help i'll try to dig up those messages, I'm on my mobile at the moment and it's tough to do a good search for them.

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
          I'd suggest reading this again very carefully

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port:kenwood-tm-d710

          There are two options for the D710 and it depends what you're trying to do with it as to how to connect to it

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
            There's no functional difference between any other GPS that works with
            the D710 and using a Greenlight Labs GPS-710.

            You'll need to use the KenwoodD710(APRS) port type and enable GPS.