Re: [aprsisce] Re: random crashing on HP IPaq 912c

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
      Mark,

      What version are you running (from Menu / About)? I'm running
      2010/06/16 05:23 for days at a time and it gives me no trouble as long
      as I stay in good cellular data coverage. I have my OSMTiles going onto
      my storage card which reports 1.13 GB Free with 7,666 tiles cached over
      55.73MB.

      Start / Settings / System / Memory shows 64.22MB program memory in use
      and 37.16 MB free of 101.38MB total. Storage is 124.91MB total with
      75.72 in use and 49.20 Free. This is all on my AT&T Tilt with APRSISCE
      running since 7/6 9:13:57 it is currently 7/7 9:28, so it's been up for
      just over 24 hours.

      What kind of filter are you running? If you're pulling a large range or
      a full feed onto your cellphone, memory usage will increase and increase
      until you run out. APRSISCE/32 buffers ALL moving tracks that have been
      received. If you double-click the 2 skinny bars just inside the right
      edge of the screen, how many "Close Stations" are reported (Using N of M
      Stations)? Also, how much memory is reported for N/M Total Points (??Kb)?

      Lynn (D) - EA3/KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      (Operating in Spain while on vacation, phone tracking as -12, RF
      tracking as -9)

      markstwotoecom wrote:
      > I cranked up the program and watched program memory slowly decrease from 64 megabytes. I have been running for 10 minutes now with no GPS fix and we are down to 45 megabytes. I have 95 Megabytes free in storage memory.
      >
      > I really love this program, hopefully I can find a fix that works.
      >
      > I noticed the same as Greg, when tapping too much the program just exits impolitely.
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Mark
      > VK2HMC

    • markstwotoecom
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
        Hi Lynn,

        Same version, 2010/06/16 05:23
        Close stations is Using 3 of 128 with age 80 to 120
        Not sure I understand the question about filters.