Re: random crashing on HP IPaq 912c

  • markstwotoecom
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2010
      I cranked up the program and watched program memory slowly decrease from 64 megabytes. I have been running for 10 minutes now with no GPS fix and we are down to 45 megabytes. I have 95 Megabytes free in storage memory.

      I really love this program, hopefully I can find a fix that works.

      I noticed the same as Greg, when tapping too much the program just exits impolitely.

      Best regards,
      Mark
      VK2HMC
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
        Mark,

        What version are you running (from Menu / About)? I'm running
        2010/06/16 05:23 for days at a time and it gives me no trouble as long
        as I stay in good cellular data coverage. I have my OSMTiles going onto
        my storage card which reports 1.13 GB Free with 7,666 tiles cached over
        55.73MB.

        Start / Settings / System / Memory shows 64.22MB program memory in use
        and 37.16 MB free of 101.38MB total. Storage is 124.91MB total with
        75.72 in use and 49.20 Free. This is all on my AT&T Tilt with APRSISCE
        running since 7/6 9:13:57 it is currently 7/7 9:28, so it's been up for
        just over 24 hours.

        What kind of filter are you running? If you're pulling a large range or
        a full feed onto your cellphone, memory usage will increase and increase
        until you run out. APRSISCE/32 buffers ALL moving tracks that have been
        received. If you double-click the 2 skinny bars just inside the right
        edge of the screen, how many "Close Stations" are reported (Using N of M
        Stations)? Also, how much memory is reported for N/M Total Points (??Kb)?

        Lynn (D) - EA3/KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
        (Operating in Spain while on vacation, phone tracking as -12, RF
        tracking as -9)

        markstwotoecom wrote:
        > I cranked up the program and watched program memory slowly decrease from 64 megabytes. I have been running for 10 minutes now with no GPS fix and we are down to 45 megabytes. I have 95 Megabytes free in storage memory.
        >
        > I really love this program, hopefully I can find a fix that works.
        >
        > I noticed the same as Greg, when tapping too much the program just exits impolitely.
        >

        > Best regards,
        > Mark
        > VK2HMC

      • markstwotoecom
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2010
          Hi Lynn,

          Same version, 2010/06/16 05:23
          Close stations is Using 3 of 128 with age 80 to 120
          Not sure I understand the question about filters.